PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 11:48 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.6 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 3/29/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchblack98 View Post
Well that just makes me realize how bad my 3G connection really is and how much I'm getting screwed by the $10 premium data fee. Go figure.
yeah, I find it real sneaky that they've been purposely masking 1x to show 3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
zup every1...

Is there a way to edit the drop down icons to have the 4g? Right now I'm only getting up/down arrows for data but not The 4g selection...

Thx..

Sent from my EvOnAtoR using Tapatalk
[MOD][PORT][4G Reboot Fix][3/27/11] Power Control Widgets for Sense - 3.70 OTA - xda-developers

see the section to create a custom power control bar....

Quote:
By creating a pipe delimited list (|) of widgets in a one-line text file named widget.txt, and dropping this file into the '/system/customize/' folder on your phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
ok, can't remember if i brought this up before or not but here's some odd behavior, not sure if its an issue or planned
when using bluetooth, the headset works just fine if you use it to answer or make calls
but if you use the screen at all, it leaves the audio in the phone. which is particularly troublesome because of the somewhat sketchy nature of the voice dialing, especially that it doesn't ask for confirmation before dialing so it will just start dialing teh wrong number when it doesn't recognize the command.
i looked but couldn't find any setting anywhere relating to this...
thoughts? advice? critiques?
sorry, no idea....
Old 04-06-2011, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
sorry, no idea....

well crap...
Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Racincason is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

OK, first off i want to say yoiu make the BEST ROMS ON DECK! =D> i have been thoroughly impressed with every aspect of your roms. i tried virus and cyanogen and yours are the most stable.

Having said that, your roms are prolly the only ones im going to continue to use. So if you could go ahead and make a gingerbread rom so i can have gingerbread that would be great

In all seriousness KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Sprint Service & Repair
HTC EVO 3D!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

Does anyone mind working with me on skype to rooting my phone and flashing this rom to my phone. I dont trust myself like i did with WM6.5.5 roms. I have a program where you can access my pc or walk me through it on skype. I have no home phone and am a paraplegic on bedrest so i need my phone. Thank you in advance. I have a root program on my laptop as well.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
ok, can't remember if i brought this up before or not but here's some odd behavior, not sure if its an issue or planned
when using bluetooth, the headset works just fine if you use it to answer or make calls
but if you use the screen at all, it leaves the audio in the phone. which is particularly troublesome because of the somewhat sketchy nature of the voice dialing, especially that it doesn't ask for confirmation before dialing so it will just start dialing teh wrong number when it doesn't recognize the command.
i looked but couldn't find any setting anywhere relating to this...
thoughts? advice? critiques?
I just installed Choice Dialer to fix that. They have a free version that does quite a bit, including verification of who or what you've requested, unless it's pretty certain of what you said. There is a slider option in the settings to change that. I liked it so much, I bought the app.

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

@uofajac,

Ok, this rosie mod still has the little bug about having to use the notif curtain to get back to the in-call screen if you "minimize" it but it works great and looks really slick other than that. It is a 4x4 workspace with a 5 comumn app drawer so you can still use all the stock widgets. Any of the 4x5 workspace rosies you have to flash re-sized widgets which at this point I have only seen blue themed ones so that's a no go for me and I think many in OMJ's thread which tend to lean toward a more stock theme looking rom. *** Make sure you download the 4x4|5C one and not the 4x5 one or you run into the widget re-sizing issue.

It IS for 4.6 ODEX so it has a modded com.htc.resources.apk, Rosie.apk, Rosie.odex, RosieSettings.apk, and RosieSettings.odex

This was made by tommytomatoe over on Mik's site and the link to the thread is ...
theMikMik.com • View topic - [THEME] - [ROSIE] v4.6 Rosie Galore ODEX

I'm still working on getting a SexyBread version but since all I know how to do is make simple mods to the apk by swapping images and don't know how to edit the xml... I'm still waiting.

@OMJ,

Check this rosie out it's pretty cool, doesn't stray too far from stock look (matches the HTC clock nicely) and gives you the ability to assign the browser to the right side again which I know you like
Old 04-08-2011, 03:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Android (Evo 3D)

dchamero is just getting started

One question, I am using FULLHDMI and if I load a netarchy kernel is supposed to allow me to use 720p output, but first I need to know if I can use netarchy with the latest odexed rom....
Old 04-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
@uofajac,

Ok, this rosie mod still has the little bug about having to use the notif curtain to get back to the in-call screen if you "minimize" it but it works great and looks really slick other than that. It is a 4x4 workspace with a 5 comumn app drawer so you can still use all the stock widgets. Any of the 4x5 workspace rosies you have to flash re-sized widgets which at this point I have only seen blue themed ones so that's a no go for me and I think many in OMJ's thread which tend to lean toward a more stock theme looking rom. *** Make sure you download the 4x4|5C one and not the 4x5 one or you run into the widget re-sizing issue.

It IS for 4.6 ODEX so it has a modded com.htc.resources.apk, Rosie.apk, Rosie.odex, RosieSettings.apk, and RosieSettings.odex

This was made by tommytomatoe over on Mik's site and the link to the thread is ...

I'm still working on getting a SexyBread version but since all I know how to do is make simple mods to the apk by swapping images and don't know how to edit the xml... I'm still waiting.

@OMJ,

Check this rosie out it's pretty cool, doesn't stray too far from stock look (matches the HTC clock nicely) and gives you the ability to assign the browser to the right side again which I know you like
Thx dude!!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:34 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 View Post
Does anyone mind working with me on skype to rooting my phone and flashing this rom to my phone. I dont trust myself like i did with WM6.5.5 roms. I have a program where you can access my pc or walk me through it on skype. I have no home phone and am a paraplegic on bedrest so i need my phone. Thank you in advance. I have a root program on my laptop as well.
sorry man, I would but I just dont have the time....plus, I'm not up to speed on the latest rooting method.....from what I read it's a cake walk.....just follow the instructions & you'll be ok.

once rooted, just download my rom, copy it to the root of your sd card, then either boot into recovery & flash or use clockwork to flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post

@OMJ,

blahhhh, I looked at them....not for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
One question, I am using FULLHDMI and if I load a netarchy kernel is supposed to allow me to use 720p output, but first I need to know if I can use netarchy with the latest odexed rom....
I don't see any reason why not, just make sure it's a sense kernel......i'd do a backup just in case
Old 04-08-2011, 02:56 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

hey if anyone is interested in testing a working GingerSense ROM, Tmartin has successfully ported one for the EVO, 4G, HDMI & Cam not working.....when he gets the cam working, I may OMJ it until we get official GB

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development