PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

mischievius is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.6 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 3/29/11*

I'm apparently a huge noob because i have figured out how to flash roms ... but not themes... What themes work with the new OMJ 2.2 4.6? ... and did anyone else notice a drop in 4g speed after rooting.. I've tried 5 roms now and it just seems after rooting sprint knows and has cut my speed or something =/

I just dl'd the latest riptide theme and tried running from sd card like a rom and no luck.

Sorry for the dumb questions
Old 04-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
depends one which 4.6 ROM you're on....if deodexed, yes I have it, if Odexed, no I don't but I can try to create one....
There were a bunch made for mik's rom that are Odexed here:
theMikMik.com • View topic - [MOD] - [CLOCK] - Mini & Bold Flip Clocks (Diff Colors)
I'm pretty sure they should work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:30 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievius View Post
I'm apparently a huge noob because i have figured out how to flash roms ... but not themes... What themes work with the new OMJ 2.2 4.6? ... and did anyone else notice a drop in 4g speed after rooting.. I've tried 5 roms now and it just seems after rooting sprint knows and has cut my speed or something =/

I just dl'd the latest riptide theme and tried running from sd card like a rom and no luck.

Sorry for the dumb questions
u install/flash themes, just like a ROM, but FYI---- you can only install themes on a deodexed ROM....wont work on Odex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn76rs View Post
There were a bunch made for mik's rom that are Odexed here:
theMikMik.com • View topic - [MOD] - [CLOCK] - Mini & Bold Flip Clocks (Diff Colors)
I'm pretty sure they should work.
cool, thx

attached is the stock flipclock....I havent tested...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Stock-HTC-FlipClock-4x4-signed.zip (1.01 MB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by OMJ; 04-04-2011 at 03:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

busventinc is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
after further investigation, the rotary lock will not work on my ROM.....I replaced the framework-res.apk (to get battery % & transparent curtain) which contained code for the rotary lock.

if you really want the rotary lock, you will need to push the attached framework-res.apk, but you will lose battery % & transparent curtain.....next week I'll get w/ amikam & see if he can help me mod this attached framework to include battery % & transparent curtain.

to push to phone while in Android:

copy framework-res.apk to you sdk/tools dir
adb remount
adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework
adb reboot

you'll also want to delete or rename /system/app/htclockscreen.apk

to push to phone from recovery:

copy framework-res.apk to you sdk/tools dir
adb shell mount /system
adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework

Yep Had a problem with boot loops but I found a flash file with the lock screen app you can get it and just flash in recovery like any other mod and always remember to wipe cache and dalvik before you flash and always make a nadroid back up this automatically deletes htclockscreen.apk this is tested and working on OMJ 4.6 deodex
Attached Files
File Type: zip lockscreenmod.zip (7.38 MB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-04-2011, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

busventinc is becoming a great contributor

BTW OMJ you might be able to use the zip I have to come up with a solution to the problem thanks again OMJ
Old 04-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
Cool. Thx Vancer!
uofajac,

Didn't forget about you... I was on the deodex rom at the time and have switched over to the odex now. I also never got to the bottom of the "in call" bug with the rosie I was using so I just abandoned it.

Over on Mik's forum chingy has said he is gonna get around to updating his rosies for Mik's 4.6 odex rom and I'm keeping an eye out for it so when he does I'll post a link. He doesn't actually have the exact one I want, but once he re-does the ones he has posted for 4.6 I can swap out the few files needed to get it the way I want it. Again, I'll post that up when it's done
Old 04-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
I have only done one mod on odex, that was the 4n1 mod. I 1st created the mod on the deodexed android.policy.jar w/ amikams help. For the odex, you actually use the deodexed file, copied to the sd card, then run a script that creates the modified .odex file then overwrites on the phone (Odexed ROM). Here is a link to the instructions:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [A] How do I edit services.odex?

if you're interested in learning to mod the 4n1 reboot on deodexed, let me know, I'll give u my notes.
... uh... over my head brotha! lol

also, sent you a pm on a diff topic
Old 04-04-2011, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Pitchblack98 is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98
I just flashed to 4.6 and I'm having an issue with data switching back and forth from 3G to 1x. I didn't have anything going on like that with 4.5. My radios and pri are up to date. Any ideas?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchblack98 View Post
I just flashed to 4.6 and I'm having an issue with data switching back and forth from 3G to 1x. I didn't have anything going on like that with 4.5. My radios and pri are up to date. Any ideas?
I have the same thing going on, havent heard anyone else till you. I posted but didnt get a response. Im having issues with the phone refreshing some apps. All in all stable, just having the issue with the connections at times.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
uofajac,

Didn't forget about you... I was on the deodex rom at the time and have switched over to the odex now. I also never got to the bottom of the "in call" bug with the rosie I was using so I just abandoned it.

Over on Mik's forum chingy has said he is gonna get around to updating his rosies for Mik's 4.6 odex rom and I'm keeping an eye out for it so when he does I'll post a link. He doesn't actually have the exact one I want, but once he re-does the ones he has posted for 4.6 I can swap out the few files needed to get it the way I want it. Again, I'll post that up when it's done
You're the man Vancer. Thanks brotha.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development