PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 02:08 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.6 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 3/29/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Digital View Post
Hey OMJ, thanks again for the completely stable rom. In your update how to do one, access the transparent curtain, my guy.
I dont understand the last part of your post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
I saw that with the new ROM the Hulu app is included, but it does not work... do we have to do something else in order for it to work properly?
it does work but it's kinda finicky.....it's really not meant for our phones.....anyways, open the app, choose a video, on the next screen where u see the hourglass, tap on the hourglass for a second, a few seconds later (depending on your connection) the screen will turn black & the video will load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Ah ha! That's why you have been tolerant of my OCD over the years! lol

I agree too that it looks like that from his post... I went ahead and just did a nandroid and tried the "remove power widgets" zip from Mik (the one that also had a diff services.jar in it) and it worked fine. The only other thing I can see it changed is the gps on recticle (not the active one) is back there all the time but nbd so I'm good now ... also changed up my rosie to the "sexy" short rosie with the app drawer (grid) in the middle, phone (text) on the left, and browser (text) on the right and it matches the stock theme and the HTC Weather Clock really nice!

... now if you would only teach me how to do it on an Odex rom... tutorial anybody? (uh hum, OMJ) LOL!
I asked amikam which files it was in & he confirmed it's in framework-res, framework.odex and services.odex.

I have only done one mod on odex, that was the 4n1 mod. I 1st created the mod on the deodexed android.policy.jar w/ amikams help. For the odex, you actually use the deodexed file, copied to the sd card, then run a script that creates the modified .odex file then overwrites on the phone (Odexed ROM). Here is a link to the instructions:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [A] How do I edit services.odex?

if you're interested in learning to mod the 4n1 reboot on deodexed, let me know, I'll give u my notes.

Last edited by OMJ; 03-31-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My Stocks Widget is back!! Effin A! Love it.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm gonna give her a try
Old 03-31-2011, 04:58 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
My Stocks Widget is back!! Effin A! Love it.
I knew you'd like that.....I tried not to remove too much, just the Sprint bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
I'm gonna give her a try
nice sig!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

SKOL Vikings
Old 03-31-2011, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

busventinc is becoming a great contributor
Omj awesome job as always had a problem with lock settings does not want to change from regular to rotary wanted to know what where the correct steps to change lock slider thanks again

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
SKOL Vikings
Hey now my sigs are showing up
Old 03-31-2011, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Android (Evo 3D)

dchamero is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

it does work but it's kinda finicky.....it's really not meant for our phones.....anyways, open the app, choose a video, on the next screen where u see the hourglass, tap on the hourglass for a second, a few seconds later (depending on your connection) the screen will turn black & the video will load.
Well, I tried it and it does not work... if flashes for a second and then it comes back and tells me that it is not supported...
Old 04-01-2011, 12:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: sprint

Bticeman is a n00b

hey love the rom 3g goes in and out will not show up on the phone sometimes only when rebooted for a hot sec and then its gone unless i go in and out of the internet wat can i do to fix this problem???
Old 04-01-2011, 03:27 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
Well, I tried it and it does not work... if flashes for a second and then it comes back and tells me that it is not supported...
Working fine here. You probably got the "finicky" version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bticeman View Post
hey love the rom 3g goes in and out will not show up on the phone sometimes only when rebooted for a hot sec and then its gone unless i go in and out of the internet wat can i do to fix this problem???
Are you referring to the 3G icon in the taskbar? It's not supposed to stay "lit" 24/7. It is only "on" while you have an active data connection.

-------
Thanks Bro, ROM is rockin'!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development