PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
which removed apps are u wanting? I figured most ppl had the removed sprint apps on their sd card by now.....

rom manager w/ still work to install the rom, but I am no longer including the app in the rom, and you wont be able to download via rom manager.

there's not a significant different between odex & deodexed, but to me it seemed odex was alittle snappier. I don't run any themes so I'll be sticking w/ odex.

hmm, were'nt u the one who talked me into using the power widgets? lol

and I'm no modder extraordinair.....these mods were from amikam, I've only worked on a couple....it would probably be easier if you found a framework-res that was setup the way u wanted, then push it to /system/framework

if u have one or find one, let me know, it may need to be tweaked abit first
Lol ! Yes I think so hehe ... u know me and my OCD though, I found a really nice backlight widget that a guy modded to match the HTC widgets perfectly and did some re-arranging of my screens so now I have a space that suits my OCD perfectly for all the widgets I use LOL ... and it (my OCD that is) doesn't seem to like redundancy so the power widgets gotta go lest I go even more crazy lol

... do I just need a framework-res and not a diff services.jar? The reason I ask is b/c the old "remove power widgets" zip by Mik has both in it ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2011, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Android (Evo 3D)

dchamero is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.6 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 3/29/11*

Thank you OMJ for remembering the "odexed" fans, like me!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:40 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Lol ! Yes I think so hehe ... u know me and my OCD though, I found a really nice backlight widget that a guy modded to match the HTC widgets perfectly and did some re-arranging of my screens so now I have a space that suits my OCD perfectly for all the widgets I use LOL ... and it (my OCD that is) doesn't seem to like redundancy so the power widgets gotta go lest I go even more crazy lol

... do I just need a framework-res and not a diff services.jar? The reason I ask is b/c the old "remove power widgets" zip by Mik has both in it ?

lol, I hear ya....I have plenty of OCD quirks too, lol

I am not 100% sure which file the power widgets is in.....I assumed it was in framework-res.apk....I am not using the same framework-res that amikam had in his 4.6 base.....his did not have battery % or transparent curtain, but I believe it had the power widgets.

based on the notes from JsChiSurf in his power widget thread, he makes it sound like the power widgets is in framework-res, and the additional mods were in framework.jar & services.jar.....

Quote:
You CANNOT flash this mod to implement the power control widget, and then flash a theme back over top it, if the theme replaces the framework-res.apk file (most likely do), as it will likely completely bork your phone, resulting in bootloops, as the theme will partially undo this mod, resulting in breaking both the mod and your phone

If the theme is a MetaMorph file, assuming the MetaMorph does not change any of the XML or other files that this mod does, and only changes images, etc, you should be safe in applying.

It should be noted that in the framework files provided in the flashable zip at the end of this post, the following additional mods have been included by default in the services.jar & framework.jar file:

Allow for transparent notification menu background (xeudoxus & fxn)
Remove USB Debugging icon
Remove GPS off reticle icon, retain GPS on reticle
USB Tether / Hotspot Fix (aamikam)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
Thank you OMJ for remembering the "odexed" fans, like me!
I'm right there w/ ya....the only reason I was stuck on deodex was cuz of the mods.....now that we have them for odex, we're good

Last edited by OMJ; 03-30-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Jimmy_Digital is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Jimmy_Digital Send a message via Yahoo to Jimmy_Digital Send a message via Skype™ to Jimmy_Digital

Hey OMJ, thanks again for the completely stable rom. In your update how to do one, access the transparent curtain, my guy.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

OMJ!!!! You are the man! Thanks bro!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Android (Evo 3D)

dchamero is just getting started

I saw that with the new ROM the Hulu app is included, but it does not work... do we have to do something else in order for it to work properly?
Old 03-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
lol, I hear ya....I have plenty of OCD quirks too, lol

I am not 100% sure which file the power widgets is in.....I assumed it was in framework-res.apk....I am not using the same framework-res that amikam had in his 4.6 base.....his did not have battery % or transparent curtain, but I believe it had the power widgets.

based on the notes from JsChiSurf in his power widget thread, he makes it sound like the power widgets is in framework-res, and the additional mods were in framework.jar & services.jar.....
Ah ha! That's why you have been tolerant of my OCD over the years! lol

I agree too that it looks like that from his post... I went ahead and just did a nandroid and tried the "remove power widgets" zip from Mik (the one that also had a diff services.jar in it) and it worked fine. The only other thing I can see it changed is the gps on recticle (not the active one) is back there all the time but nbd so I'm good now ... also changed up my rosie to the "sexy" short rosie with the app drawer (grid) in the middle, phone (text) on the left, and browser (text) on the right and it matches the stock theme and the HTC Weather Clock really nice!

... now if you would only teach me how to do it on an Odex rom... tutorial anybody? (uh hum, OMJ) LOL!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Ah ha! That's why you have been tolerant of my OCD over the years! lol

I agree too that it looks like that from his post... I went ahead and just did a nandroid and tried the "remove power widgets" zip from Mik (the one that also had a diff services.jar in it) and it worked fine. The only other thing I can see it change is the gps on recticle (not the active one) is back there all the time but nbd so I'm good now ... also changed up my rosie to the "sexy" short rosie with the app drawer (grid) in the middle, phone (text) on the left, and browser (text) on the right and it matches the stock theme and the HTC Weather C

... now if you would only teach me how to do it on an Odex rom... tutorial anybody? (uh hum, OMJ) LOL!
Hey Vancer? Do you have the download link for that rosie? I want to check that out. Thanks man!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
Hey Vancer? Do you have the download link for that rosie? I want to check that out. Thanks man!
Not exactly ... I have been messing with these for a while and have swipe different parts from different places over the last few months and combined them into what I wanted. I still have a bit of cleaning up to do with it. For ex, I just noticed that now that some of the files I used were a little older that the in call bug is back. The one where if u "minimize" the in call screen and then hit "phone" on the rosie it brings up the dialer rather than the in call screen (this was fixed with the new update). That's not a huge deal b/c you can still get back to the in call screen by going to it from the notification curtain but gonna see if I can fix it anyway.

When I get it exactly the way I want it working on this rom I'll post the flashable zip for ya

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Cool. Thx Vancer!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development