PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 03:46 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.6 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 3/29/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by busventinc View Post
Omj awesome job as always had a problem with lock settings does not want to change from regular to rotary wanted to know what where the correct steps to change lock slider thanks again

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
thx....for the rotarylockscreen you have to delete or rename /system/app/htclockscreen.apk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
Hey now my sigs are showing up
sigs appear only in your 1st post on a page.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bticeman View Post
hey love the rom 3g goes in and out will not show up on the phone sometimes only when rebooted for a hot sec and then its gone unless i go in and out of the internet wat can i do to fix this problem???
1st, which ROM did u flash? I recommend to complete wipe too....use TB or MyBackup to backup your data, then do a full wipe & reflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
Well, I tried it and it does not work... if flashes for a second and then it comes back and tells me that it is not supported...
I have also seen that occasionally, but like I said, the app was not really meant for our phone, so it has some bugs.....most videos I've tried worked...

Last edited by OMJ; 04-01-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=OMJ;2078209]thx....for the rotarylockscreen you have to delete or rename /system/app/htclockscreen.apk

how do you get the rotarylock screen on OMJs rom i thought that it only worked with gingerbread. I would love to have it on OMJs rom.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
[QUOTE=jamal33;2078402]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
thx....for the rotarylockscreen you have to delete or rename /system/app/htclockscreen.apk

how do you get the rotarylock screen on OMJs rom i thought that it only worked with gingerbread. I would love to have it on OMJs rom.
It's built in you just have to do what OMJ said in his previous post then reboot.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:36 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

after further investigation, the rotary lock will not work on my ROM.....I replaced the framework-res.apk (to get battery % & transparent curtain) which contained code for the rotary lock.

if you really want the rotary lock, you will need to push the attached framework-res.apk, but you will lose battery % & transparent curtain.....next week I'll get w/ amikam & see if he can help me mod this attached framework to include battery % & transparent curtain.

to push to phone while in Android:

copy framework-res.apk to you sdk/tools dir
adb remount
adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework
adb reboot

you'll also want to delete or rename /system/app/htclockscreen.apk

to push to phone from recovery:

copy framework-res.apk to you sdk/tools dir
adb shell mount /system
adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework
Attached Files
File Type: apk framework-res.apk (2.39 MB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Does 4.6 have the flip clock or non flip clock? I personally like the non flip clock.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:58 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn76rs View Post
Does 4.6 have the flip clock or non flip clock? I personally like the non flip clock.

non-flip
Old 04-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Downloading now. Thanks..

Old 04-02-2011, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

Since going 4.6, I have been having delays connecting to sites that require a refresh or location in order to work, IE Yelp, Foodspoting, even a refresh of FB at times takes longer than usual. I have the phone on 3G and I have at least 2-3 bars when this is happening. Im not sure if its just my area network that is having issues lately or something in 4.6. I see my radio and PRL havent changed so has anyone else been having this issue??
Old 04-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

racer1000r is a n00b

First off, THANKS OMJ for another excellent Rom. I flashed 4.6 a few days ago and it's been smooth sailing so far. Is there an .apk handy for the flip clock? I know it's silly graphics, but I like it

Second, for anyone who may have read my previous posts about the multiple random phone reboots when I started using OMJ 4.3 and above, I've found the problem. It's absolutely 100% heat related. Whenever my battery temp gets into the 90+ degree range, it reboots. There must be a thermal cutoff circuit involved somewhere that is trying to save the hardware.

I've been able to use the phone for any and all functions, and it's worked perfectly, just as long as I monitor the battery temp and keep it in the less than 90 range. This started maybe 6 weeks ago (been a long and frustrating 6 weeks), so i'm guessing that maybe the battery went south. I've noticed that it doesn't last quite as long as it used to, and clearly it's getting hotter than it's supposed to at this point. Maybe I used a wall or car charger who's current was a little too high and something fried. Not sure.

So, I've ordered a new battery and that should do the trick. Either that or I've got bad hardware on the phone (maybe a chip fried). I just wanted to let you guys know what I found since I've seen a number of people reporting random restarts with the HTC Evo.

Racer
Old 04-04-2011, 03:22 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1000r View Post
First off, THANKS OMJ for another excellent Rom. I flashed 4.6 a few days ago and it's been smooth sailing so far. Is there an .apk handy for the flip clock? I know it's silly graphics, but I like it

Racer
depends one which 4.6 ROM you're on....if deodexed, yes I have it, if Odexed, no I don't but I can try to create one....

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development