View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 12:31 AM
racer1000r
Lurker

racer1000r is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.6 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 3/29/11*

First off, THANKS OMJ for another excellent Rom. I flashed 4.6 a few days ago and it's been smooth sailing so far. Is there an .apk handy for the flip clock? I know it's silly graphics, but I like it

Second, for anyone who may have read my previous posts about the multiple random phone reboots when I started using OMJ 4.3 and above, I've found the problem. It's absolutely 100% heat related. Whenever my battery temp gets into the 90+ degree range, it reboots. There must be a thermal cutoff circuit involved somewhere that is trying to save the hardware.

I've been able to use the phone for any and all functions, and it's worked perfectly, just as long as I monitor the battery temp and keep it in the less than 90 range. This started maybe 6 weeks ago (been a long and frustrating 6 weeks), so i'm guessing that maybe the battery went south. I've noticed that it doesn't last quite as long as it used to, and clearly it's getting hotter than it's supposed to at this point. Maybe I used a wall or car charger who's current was a little too high and something fried. Not sure.

So, I've ordered a new battery and that should do the trick. Either that or I've got bad hardware on the phone (maybe a chip fried). I just wanted to let you guys know what I found since I've seen a number of people reporting random restarts with the HTC Evo.

Racer