View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 03:40 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.6 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 3/29/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Lol ! Yes I think so hehe ... u know me and my OCD though, I found a really nice backlight widget that a guy modded to match the HTC widgets perfectly and did some re-arranging of my screens so now I have a space that suits my OCD perfectly for all the widgets I use LOL ... and it (my OCD that is) doesn't seem to like redundancy so the power widgets gotta go lest I go even more crazy lol

... do I just need a framework-res and not a diff services.jar? The reason I ask is b/c the old "remove power widgets" zip by Mik has both in it ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
lol, I hear ya....I have plenty of OCD quirks too, lol

I am not 100% sure which file the power widgets is in.....I assumed it was in framework-res.apk....I am not using the same framework-res that amikam had in his 4.6 base.....his did not have battery % or transparent curtain, but I believe it had the power widgets.

based on the notes from JsChiSurf in his power widget thread, he makes it sound like the power widgets is in framework-res, and the additional mods were in framework.jar & services.jar.....

Quote:
You CANNOT flash this mod to implement the power control widget, and then flash a theme back over top it, if the theme replaces the framework-res.apk file (most likely do), as it will likely completely bork your phone, resulting in bootloops, as the theme will partially undo this mod, resulting in breaking both the mod and your phone

If the theme is a MetaMorph file, assuming the MetaMorph does not change any of the XML or other files that this mod does, and only changes images, etc, you should be safe in applying.

It should be noted that in the framework files provided in the flashable zip at the end of this post, the following additional mods have been included by default in the services.jar & framework.jar file:

Allow for transparent notification menu background (xeudoxus & fxn)
Remove USB Debugging icon
Remove GPS off reticle icon, retain GPS on reticle
USB Tether / Hotspot Fix (aamikam)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
Thank you OMJ for remembering the "odexed" fans, like me!
I'm right there w/ ya....the only reason I was stuck on deodex was cuz of the mods.....now that we have them for odex, we're good

Last edited by OMJ; 03-30-2011 at 03:47 PM.