PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/15/11*

Old Man Jenkins!

2 points here.

1) ROM looks awesome, but you might want to update the OP screenshots (shows 2.2 on the about) and I know you have 2.2 ROMs here but it shows 4.1 on the version instead of 4.6

2) Have you considered incorporating an animated flip clock into the ROM?
Old 04-22-2011, 12:24 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.6 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 3/29/11*

ummmm.. been gone a couple days and looks like I missed some action. On a previous post it says Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/15/11*
Where'd that go. there is a post or two mentioning it and then no posts for 3 days straight after it looks like someone said something they shouldn't have. was there something wrong with v5.0? where'd it go?

edit: found it. want to check it out but wondering if you pulled it for a reason and didn't mention? or is it just "missing" from this thread like many other posts. just 3 posts prior to this one it says the screen is really bright. then nothing for 3 days?

Last edited by Curb71; 04-22-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:11 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
ummmm.. been gone a couple days and looks like I missed some action. On a previous post it says Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/15/11*
Where'd that go. there is a post or two mentioning it and then no posts for 3 days straight after it looks like someone said something they shouldn't have. was there something wrong with v5.0? where'd it go?

edit: found it. want to check it out but wondering if you pulled it for a reason and didn't mention? or is it just "missing" from this thread like many other posts. just 3 posts prior to this one it says the screen is really bright. then nothing for 3 days?

for future reference, the GB ROM has been moved this this thread....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...4-20-11-a.html
Old 04-22-2011, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

Sun1914 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Sun1914

Is there something wrong with GB? I flashed it and since then have no hotspot. Is it the Rom or something I may have done wrong....please advise. Thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 07:06 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun1914 View Post
Is there something wrong with GB? I flashed it and since then have no hotspot. Is it the Rom or something I may have done wrong....please advise. Thanks
this is the froyo thread.....the GB thread is here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...4-20-11-a.html

but the hotspot is not hacked for gb yet....use wifi tether
Old 04-23-2011, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

Sun1914 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Sun1914
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

My apology for posting in wrong thread. Thank you for reply.

Ps. Appreciate all the great work u n others keep putting in.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:32 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tethering with Android?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
version 3.4 had the problem with wifi tether,,,,

ver 3.5 worked fine for me last night.... check ur settings...
Sorry for the newbie question but I only know WM (a little bit). With my current WM with the unofficial firmware I downloaded, I can use it for tethering via BT on my laptop. I only use a few MB per month when I tether but I wanted to make sure I could with my next phone without getting any additional wireless data option other than the one my phone uses. Will these updated ROMs for the Android OS let me tether in the same way without getting an additional plan?

Thanks.

I currently have a very old WM phone. I've tried WP7 and LOVE it but I don't think I'll see any decent hardware for it any time soon on Sprint (or Verizon). I like the EVO hardware and the EVO 3D looks like a nice upgrade as far as the screen colors and larger battery (I don't care about the 3D - doesn't help or hurt me). I've connected Android to exchange servers for people and cleaned up their home screen but my knowledge of Android is extremely limited.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or
Re: Tethering with Android?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
Sorry for the newbie question but I only know WM (a little bit). With my current WM with the unofficial firmware I downloaded, I can use it for tethering via BT on my laptop. I only use a few MB per month when I tether but I wanted to make sure I could with my next phone without getting any additional wireless data option other than the one my phone uses. Will these updated ROMs for the Android OS let me tether in the same way without getting an additional plan?

Thanks.

I currently have a very old WM phone. I've tried WP7 and LOVE it but I don't think I'll see any decent hardware for it any time soon on Sprint (or Verizon). I like the EVO hardware and the EVO 3D looks like a nice upgrade as far as the screen colors and larger battery (I don't care about the 3D - doesn't help or hurt me). I've connected Android to exchange servers for people and cleaned up their home screen but my knowledge of Android is extremely limited.
i never bt tethered, i just usb tethered with my diamond and omj's rom, i do the same now with my evo and his rom, i know many use the wifi tethering
Old 04-25-2011, 09:58 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
i never bt tethered, i just usb tethered with my diamond and omj's rom, i do the same now with my evo and his rom, i know many use the wifi tethering
Thanks - can you tell me if I can tether without upgrading the standard simply everything plan with the $10 fee required for the newer phones? I don't pay tether fees now and would like to avoid them. I'm fine with tethering via USB or Wifi or BT.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
Thanks - can you tell me if I can tether without upgrading the standard simply everything plan with the $10 fee required for the newer phones? I don't pay tether fees now and would like to avoid them. I'm fine with tethering via USB or Wifi or BT.

i believe all new activation 'smart' phones (nee; android, wp7, bb) require the $10 fee now, irrespective of any tethering, paid or surreptitious
the fee is a 'premium' data charge because these phones supposedly use more data than the older smart phones like our diamonds...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development