PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.6 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 3/29/11*

Ok, new one questions here; hope someone has an answer.. I updated to the new Flash 10.2 recently and I lost the ability to view Hulu.. Anyone else???

Old 04-29-2011, 04:38 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Ok, new one questions here; hope someone has an answer.. I updated to the new Flash 10.2 recently and I lost the ability to view Hulu.. Anyone else???
yeah, updating flash will do that.....u need to stick w/ the one in the rom
Attached Files
File Type: apk FlashPlayer.apk (46.9 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
yeah, updating flash will do that.....u need to stick w/ the one in the rom

Well since, I've reverted back and it works again.. I was just wondering if there was a workaround for it..
Old 04-30-2011, 08:43 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Well since, I've reverted back and it works again.. I was just wondering if there was a workaround for it..
I havent tried this, but give it a try.....

xda-developers - View Single Post - [HULU] [Flash] AND 10,1,95,2 hex edited to look like WIN 10,1,85,3 daemon slayer
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drnick5 is just getting started

so I was running the leaked gingerbread rom for a while. I loved the speed but im affected by the brightness bug... so I decided to go back to a froyo rom until thats resolved.

this Rom is really great, I love the stock look but with the added speed and the ability to uninstall the bloatware apps. one thing I notice is short battery life... I charged my phone fully last night, took it off the charger about 9:15am, its 12:45 right now as I type this and im 85% batt left...any suggestions? I have brightness down to the min level and screen timeout at 15 seconds

I also noticed my 3G icon keeps turning black... yet I have full bars. does this mean im not on 3G?

I updated my PRL which worked, but when trying to update my profile it just says "the network is preparing services...." and keeps loading.. I left it at that screen for almost an hour before giving up.

My running services are:
hcappwidgetservice (form handcent)
profileservice (from set CPU)
EASappsvc
EASdirectpush
ConnecttoPCservice
DM serviceapp
google Messaging service
HtcDMService
Agent service
PVMtpServicestart
PVWmdrmservice
CM_Service (Voicemail)
Swype

do all of these services need to be running?

thanks in advance for any help. GREAT job on this rom!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:17 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnick5 View Post
so I was running the leaked gingerbread rom for a while. I loved the speed but im affected by the brightness bug... so I decided to go back to a froyo rom until thats resolved.

this Rom is really great, I love the stock look but with the added speed and the ability to uninstall the bloatware apps. one thing I notice is short battery life... I charged my phone fully last night, took it off the charger about 9:15am, its 12:45 right now as I type this and im 85% batt left...any suggestions? I have brightness down to the min level and screen timeout at 15 seconds

I also noticed my 3G icon keeps turning black... yet I have full bars. does this mean im not on 3G?

I updated my PRL which worked, but when trying to update my profile it just says "the network is preparing services...." and keeps loading.. I left it at that screen for almost an hour before giving up.

My running services are:
hcappwidgetservice (form handcent)
profileservice (from set CPU)
EASappsvc
EASdirectpush
ConnecttoPCservice
DM serviceapp
google Messaging service
HtcDMService
Agent service
PVMtpServicestart
PVWmdrmservice
CM_Service (Voicemail)
Swype

do all of these services need to be running?

thanks in advance for any help. GREAT job on this rom!
well 15% in 3.5 hrs isnt really that bad....if u didn't already know this, the stock kernel stops charging once it's reaches 100%, the charger does not kick back on until the battery drops to 90%, so when u pull your phone off the charger, it can be anywhere between 90%-100% charged, though it will initially appear fully charged. you can either use a SBC kernel that will kepp it truly charged, or do what I do, and bump charge in the am.....I take it off the charger, let it drop for 30min or so, then charge back to 100.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drnick5 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
well 15% in 3.5 hrs isnt really that bad....if u didn't already know this, the stock kernel stops charging once it's reaches 100%, the charger does not kick back on until the battery drops to 90%, so when u pull your phone off the charger, it can be anywhere between 90%-100% charged, though it will initially appear fully charged. you can either use a SBC kernel that will kepp it truly charged, or do what I do, and bump charge in the am.....I take it off the charger, let it drop for 30min or so, then charge back to 100.
thanks for the reply. I'll give the bump charging a shot... my problem is I usually get up, grab my phone off the charger and head out the door...so I don't get much of a chance.... i could try bump charging once i get to work...

are there any drawbacks to using the SBC kernel? I've never flashed a kernel before... is it basically the same process as flashing the rom itself?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

racer1000r is a n00b

Quote:
thanks for the reply. I'll give the bump charging a shot... my problem is I usually get up, grab my phone off the charger and head out the door...so I don't get much of a chance.... i could try bump charging once i get to work...

are there any drawbacks to using the SBC kernel? I've never flashed a kernel before... is it basically the same process as flashing the rom itself?
Here's an excellent article that explains everything about bump charging, and why it works. Check it out:

Your Battery Gauge Is Lying To You: Everything You Need To Know About Bump Charging And Inconsistent Battery Drain | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:46 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:

personally, I would not use a sbc kernel, there have been too many reports of trouble...ie, battery overcharging, smoking, etc...no thanks
Old 05-03-2011, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

CYNICALifornia is just getting started

I may have broke something . . .

So, I recently flashed back to 4.6 after giving 5.0 a try but things have gone a little wonky.

I can't update my Profile or PRL, the screen just goes black or the phone reboots. Also the phone will get super sluggish.

I tried redownloading and reflashing, but to no avail. Each time I do I wipe Data, Cache, and Dalvik like a good boy does.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development