PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.2 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/21/10*

When you do a TB of just the user apps, does it save the data w/them. Like with angry birds will it save all the high scores and what not?
Old 12-24-2010, 01:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
When you do a TB of just the user apps, does it save the data w/them. Like with angry birds will it save all the high scores and what not?
yes it saves everything

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 12-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
yes it saves everything
thanks, mybackup pro screwed up and did not save the data for whatever reason.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Question Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.2 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/21/10*

Is anyone having issues with 4G. I use to have full signal of 4G before the update now my phone says searching for 4G. After the update I also update the radio of 2.15.00.11.19 and PRI of 1.90_003 and I have a PRL of 60674. I wipe factory reset before updating. Any ideas or suggestions?

Giovanny
Old 12-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
So far so good... Everything has been stable since last night.

What is the latest OTA I should have? My guess is if the RADIOs are holding, then I must have the latest??
Good to hear. The latest OTA is the one OMJ included in 4.2-3.70.651.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Does disabling the DATA CHECKing really work. I tried that a while back but didn't see any results.

My only tried and true method right now is:
1 - Charge evo over night.
2 - Unplug in the AM and check email or whatever for a few minutes.
3 - Battery always goes down from 100% to 96-94% in five minute span once unplugged.
4 - Plug the EVO back in and wait a few minutes until you are 100%.
5 - Enjoy EVO for about 13-16 hours of regular usage before you hit the 50% mark.

Works for me all the time..
Just FYI-that initial drop from 100% to @ 90% is supposed to happen. Maintaining a full charge on the batt for a prolonged time can damage the battery. The trickle charge method you use is common and gets you past that initial drop.
I'm not saying dont trickle charge, just being informational
This is a pretty good battery article
Your Battery Gauge Is Lying To You: Everything You Need To Know About Bump Charging And Inconsistent Battery Drain | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Mods, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpero View Post
anyone having a problem with the market getting hung up on just install an want do anything else unless you restart phone, and also having a problem with using titanium to move apps to sd, it has always worked for me in all the previous roms but having theses issues in 4.2, 4.1 worked fine, didnt have these issues, any suggestions, need to move my apps so i can finish installing all of them.
Market works fine for me. The Market has been quirky in the past and as the new Market gets underway there are bound to be quirks.
IF I ever do get an app that seems to get "stuck" I just cancel the download/install and start over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbehren View Post
Well, I really can't find an answer to this. For some reason the phrase "4G Disconnected" doesn't return any results.

Just updated to the most recent version of this rom (v4.2) and now I can't get my 4G to connect. Antenna turns on and scans, but then just goes to "disconnected." I can't access any of the options from the settings menu. My wife's stock EVO can connect to 4G with strong signal, but I got nothing.

I've verified that I still have my RSA keys through the Terminal Emulator method. Updated my profile and PRL post flash. Hardware Info: HW version 0002, 4G MAC address is listed as "unavailable." Thought that might be weird. Don't know what other info would help diagnose my problem. I tried flashing the new Radio/WiMax/PRI combo, but that didn't help. Radio 2.15.00.11.19, WiMAX 27167_R01, PRI version 1.90_003, PRL Version 60674. Anything else you'd need to know to attempt to help out?

Admittedly, I never was able to connect to 4G before flashing to v 4.2. However, I was on an old version of OMJ that I thought maybe didn't support 4G yet.

Thanks for any help.
Like has been said-if you've never had 4G working just flashing the ROM and radio updates probably wont fix it.
I have no 4G issues and I have flashed the combo zip multiple times.
Once you go through the fix flashing one at a time may help-just a guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbehren View Post
Thanked Mdiaz.

Sorry for my noobness, but will a factory reset wipe out everything on my phone? Contacts, Programs, Data, Pics, maybe even ROM? Obviously I just flashed to 4.2. I have everything backed up so not a big deal. I just don't want to do it at work if it'll clean me out entirely.

Thanks again.
Yes, factory reset will wipe out anything you've installed, set up since the ROM flash.

Quote:
I want to flash 4.2 but I'm not to sure since it seems people are having problems with the updated radios and 4g. Anyone having issues with this?
Nope, no 4G issues here, flashed latest combo zip as I said earlier.

Quote:
Back up and running. If I want to do a nand restore, is it good to wipe everything including all data w/in recovery along w/ dalvik cache?
I do. I treat a nand restore like a ROM flash. Wipe clean and restore.

Quote:
Guess newer radios dont play nice with the older roms. Maybe that explains me not being able to do a nand restore.
Sometimes they do, sometimes they dont. Mix and matching older ROMs and newer radios CAN work but can also cause headaches.
Generally if HTC/Sprint releases new radios with an OTA then IMO, you want to update those as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scryptik View Post
No but IT IS part of google maps every other site on the net will tell you the same thing since the 5.0 update it stays in "checking navigation availability" its NOT my flash its the updated maps that were included in the rom

Sent from my "Tricked Out Evo" using Tapatalk
This is not a big deal IMO. The issue is not ROM related as it occurs across ROMs.
All you have to do is launch Nav from within Maps for the first time and after that your Nav should launch from the app drawer just fine.
Make sure you launch Nav FULLY from within Maps or the issue may continue.
My GUESS is we need an update to Maps to fix the "issue".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanny View Post
Is anyone having issues with 4G. I use to have full signal of 4G before the update now my phone says searching for 4G. After the update I also update the radio of 2.15.00.11.19 and PRI of 1.90_003 and I have a PRL of 60674. I wipe factory reset before updating. Any ideas or suggestions?
Once again-nope 4G is fine for me. You say you updated radio and PRI but did you update Wimax (*whispers* that's the 4G radio)?
If you only did the two you said then that may be your issue.
Try Calks combo zip from here
[ Radios ][ 12-17 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions - xda-developers

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik777 View Post
Had this problem once an i i read a post by Iknowsquat that fixed the issue maybe once him or OMJ read this they might be able to point us in the right direction on how to fix this issue..........LGK777
I forgot this one
No MMS issues either.
I searched back through my old posts and didnt see the "fix" you mentioned.
The only suggestion I make when someone has MMS issues is to make sure they have ALL the updated files and be sure to update your profile after any ROM flash and ESP after updating radios.
Hope that helps.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny

I did the combo update from xda but I still keep getting an error on my 4G it ssays antena on searching for service.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:16 AM
N00b

Scryptik is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post
I had this happen and I went through Google Maps and set the address and then hit directions and it worked fine, Nav took over and worked. I just havent gone back to check and see if it worked just going through Nav.
Thx I tried through maps itself and it fixed the navigation... Now its working through the nav app itself

Sent from my "Tricked Out Evo" using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2010, 10:29 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Hope everyone has a good Christmas!
Old 12-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I did a Titanium backup and now I'm getting parse errors when trying to reinstall my apps. I have never had any luck with this damn app. Anyone have ideas on how to fix this.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development