View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 02:08 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.6 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 3/29/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Digital View Post
Hey OMJ, thanks again for the completely stable rom. In your update how to do one, access the transparent curtain, my guy.
I dont understand the last part of your post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
I saw that with the new ROM the Hulu app is included, but it does not work... do we have to do something else in order for it to work properly?
it does work but it's kinda finicky.....it's really not meant for our phones.....anyways, open the app, choose a video, on the next screen where u see the hourglass, tap on the hourglass for a second, a few seconds later (depending on your connection) the screen will turn black & the video will load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Ah ha! That's why you have been tolerant of my OCD over the years! lol

I agree too that it looks like that from his post... I went ahead and just did a nandroid and tried the "remove power widgets" zip from Mik (the one that also had a diff services.jar in it) and it worked fine. The only other thing I can see it changed is the gps on recticle (not the active one) is back there all the time but nbd so I'm good now ... also changed up my rosie to the "sexy" short rosie with the app drawer (grid) in the middle, phone (text) on the left, and browser (text) on the right and it matches the stock theme and the HTC Weather Clock really nice!

... now if you would only teach me how to do it on an Odex rom... tutorial anybody? (uh hum, OMJ) LOL!
I asked amikam which files it was in & he confirmed it's in framework-res, framework.odex and services.odex.

I have only done one mod on odex, that was the 4n1 mod. I 1st created the mod on the deodexed android.policy.jar w/ amikams help. For the odex, you actually use the deodexed file, copied to the sd card, then run a script that creates the modified .odex file then overwrites on the phone (Odexed ROM). Here is a link to the instructions:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [A] How do I edit services.odex?

if you're interested in learning to mod the 4n1 reboot on deodexed, let me know, I'll give u my notes.

Last edited by OMJ; 03-31-2011 at 02:17 PM.