PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
so all the issues with WIMAX is due to the fact that individuals installed the OTA or install the 1.47 files after they are rooted. Thats my question I will like to know i have read all the fixes and problems, but no one is being specific on the installed files after being rooted.
The OTA (1.47 Software), the new radio, and the new wimax radio (could be wrong on that, maybe the correct classification is software) are all separate entities. They can all be installed separately.
As far as I know the wimax update-not the wimax itself but the way it was applied-is what broke 4G for many. Some users got lucky and didn't break 4G.
Whitslacks steps that I mentioned are designed to give you rooted 1.47 software, an updated radio, and updated wimax all in one step. You are free to flash to another rooted 1.47 ROM after that.
Hope that answers your question.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

rlmurray is just getting started

Had a quick question. I think the chef made this rom to include saving apps to sd card. How do you enable this option or execute it? I'm running 1.6. I want to be mindfull of space on the internal memory.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmurray View Post
Had a quick question. I think the chef made this rom to include saving apps to sd card. How do you enable this option or execute it? I'm running 1.6. I want to be mindfull of space on the internal memory.
It wasn't working well in 1.5 so he removed it for 1.6.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

What happened to 1.6r? I can't get it to download.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

kyler911 is just getting started
Question Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
when I get back, I'll be working on a updated ROM that should incorporate the fixes for 4G.

Also, now that HTC has released the source code for the EVO, there will be new Froyo ROMS appearing, so b4 anyone asks, I wont be cooking Froyo until HTC releases the official ROM w/ Sense. Most if not all custom Froyo roms will be w/o Sense. Personally I'm a big fan of Sense & have no desire for a sense-less ROM. Hopefully we'll see a official release soon

hope everyone had a great 4th!
Going back a long time here. I was wondering with this source code and new froyo rom you are creating going to be different from the ones found on Xda. In that, will it be stable and things like the camera and stuff work???
Old 07-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
Downloading now, link seems fine. Little slow but it's downloading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler911 View Post
Going back a long time here. I was wondering with this source code and new froyo rom you are creating going to be different from the ones found on Xda. In that, will it be stable and things like the camera and stuff work???
OMJ said he will not be cooking Froyo until Sense can be used with it.

Not speaking for him but I'm willing to bet he would not release a ROM that was not fully functional, especially the basics like camera.
His stuff is rock solid so I wouldnt worry about stability either.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

I was reading that Avalance over at xda has a 99% perfect base going I will try and play with it to see, the reports are its ready for everyday use minus the camera and it has a overclock kernel to boot
Old 07-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
I was reading that Avalance over at xda has a 99% perfect base going I will try and play with it to see, the reports are its ready for everyday use minus the camera and it has a overclock kernel to boot
Thats the great thing about this device, nand backups! awesome stuff allowing you to switch on the fly. All of the chefs are doing such a great job, plenty of roms to choose from and variety.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

frazy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to frazy

so can someone confirm what was the last version of OMJ's rom that had barely any issues (working WIMAX, working radio..etc)

1.4, 1.5, or 1.6?
Old 07-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Quote:

Downloading now, link seems fine. Little slow but it's downloading.

Quote:
Going back a long time here. I was wondering with this source code and new froyo rom you are creating going to be different from the ones found on Xda

OMJ said he will not be cooking Froyo until Sense can be used with it.

Not speaking for him but I'm willing to bet he would not release a ROM that was not fully functional, especially the basics like camera.

His stuff is rock solid so I wouldnt worry about stability either.
OMJ has told me in messages that he will not release a FROYO ROM unless it is fully functional and the official release is up.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development