View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:13 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
so all the issues with WIMAX is due to the fact that individuals installed the OTA or install the 1.47 files after they are rooted. Thats my question I will like to know i have read all the fixes and problems, but no one is being specific on the installed files after being rooted.
The OTA (1.47 Software), the new radio, and the new wimax radio (could be wrong on that, maybe the correct classification is software) are all separate entities. They can all be installed separately.
As far as I know the wimax update-not the wimax itself but the way it was applied-is what broke 4G for many. Some users got lucky and didn't break 4G.
Whitslacks steps that I mentioned are designed to give you rooted 1.47 software, an updated radio, and updated wimax all in one step. You are free to flash to another rooted 1.47 ROM after that.
Hope that answers your question.