PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Carrier: Sprint

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cado33055 View Post
I must be the biggest noob
+1

It is a zip.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

cado33055 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
+1

It is a zip.
I know what zip file looks like and it aint maybe I need to try downloading it on something other than my macbook pro or my Imac; i think it automatically unzip zip files after they are downloaded.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cado33055 View Post
I know what zip file looks like and it aint maybe I need to try downloading it on something other than my macbook pro or my Imac; i think it automatically unzip zip files after they are downloaded.
I'd try that...cuz it is a zip.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So, when I open Dropbox (or any other app that uses a file explorer) it does not use Android Mate. If I install Astro, Dropbox (and any other app that uses a file explorer) will show astro as an option to browse files.

Does anyone know of a way to get Android Mate to show up as a file explorer in 3rd party apps that use a file explorer? I'd rather not install another app that does the same thing if I can avoid it...

Also, Quick Office won't open a lot of my files. Does anyone know of a better program to open doc files that were created in WinMo or Open Office?
Old 06-25-2010, 04:03 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Okay, I found a document viewer that works. Check this one out:
http://www.appbrain.com/app/xgl.lcviewer

I found it in appbrain on my computer, but I couldn't find it in the market for some reason. I just went to the appbrain page on my computer, hit "more options" under the sharing, and then used the barcode scanner app to scan the barcode and the market brought it up.

Anyway, I installed that and it works. I have several doc files that the Quick Office included in this ROM won't open, and that lcViewer opens just fine...

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 06-25-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:49 PM
VIP Member

Hey I have another request/suggestion for this ROM...

When I pair my bluetooth to my phne it automatically pairs the A2DP (media). This routes all the phone audio through my bluetooth headset.

Notifications still go through the phone (as well as through the bluetooth) but everything else only goes through the bluetooth.

So when I get in my car and run pandora on my phone, and connect the audio cable to my phone's headphone jack, it doesn't get any audio until I turn off the A2DP on my bluetooth (and I forget almost every time).

Anyway, is there any way to just have it route all the audio through my bluetooth and still have it go through the headphone jack at the same time? I mean, there has to be a way because the notifications do it. But does anyone know how I can set my phone to do that? Or maybe even OMJ could possibly make it the default in a future ROM update?
Old 06-25-2010, 06:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Daimond

Schwarttzy is a n00b

Okay so OMJ I FREAKING LOVE YOUR ROMS! anyway to get to the point I have been running into some problems and I'm not sure what is causing them.

1st I have problems with getting "Force Close"

2nd once in a while I told I cant take a photo because I do not have permission to save to the SD card

3rd The premimum ROM manager doesn't realize I have OMJ ROM and doesn't let simply check for updates, I have to go to download and visually check.

I'm going to do a complete wipe of everything and see how it goes over the next couple days, I bet it most because of not completely wipping the SD when I started adding custom ROMs.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

luckyzac is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just did my first custom ROM flash Decided to do OMJ's first...Since its the first one I heard of back when I got my EVO on launch day!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:34 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Hey I have another request/suggestion for this ROM...

When I pair my bluetooth to my phne it automatically pairs the A2DP (media). This routes all the phone audio through my bluetooth headset.

Notifications still go through the phone (as well as through the bluetooth) but everything else only goes through the bluetooth.

So when I get in my car and run pandora on my phone, and connect the audio cable to my phone's headphone jack, it doesn't get any audio until I turn off the A2DP on my bluetooth (and I forget almost every time).

Anyway, is there any way to just have it route all the audio through my bluetooth and still have it go through the headphone jack at the same time? I mean, there has to be a way because the notifications do it. But does anyone know how I can set my phone to do that? Or maybe even OMJ could possibly make it the default in a future ROM update?
sorry, but I'm not sure what to change. Nothing was modified on BT drom the stock rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarttzy View Post
Okay so OMJ I FREAKING LOVE YOUR ROMS! anyway to get to the point I have been running into some problems and I'm not sure what is causing them.

1st I have problems with getting "Force Close"

2nd once in a while I told I cant take a photo because I do not have permission to save to the SD card

3rd The premimum ROM manager doesn't realize I have OMJ ROM and doesn't let simply check for updates, I have to go to download and visually check.

I'm going to do a complete wipe of everything and see how it goes over the next couple days, I bet it most because of not completely wipping the SD when I started adding custom ROMs.
1- on which apps? I havent seen a FC, not even on wifi tether
2- havent seen this either
3- which rom did you last flash b4 v1.5? was it v1.4r w/ the radio?
Old 06-26-2010, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

luckyzac is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/25/10*

Ok, I have a bit of a problem The wireless tether seems to be broken? I click start and it comes up with the message, "Unable to start tethering, Please Try again"

Any suggestions?

EDIT

Well an Updated ROM was posted right after I flashed, soooo I will flash that to see if that fixes it...

EDIT 2

Well it fixed it...Yay

Last edited by luckyzac; 06-26-2010 at 12:32 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development