PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

Smokin' fast ROM mah man, damn good job! Thanks OMJ
Old 06-24-2010, 09:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Anyone building a OMJ Boot screen?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:48 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

well I was busy @ work tonight & was fighting to get app2sd working w/ no luck. Didn't have time to upload the update......tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Smokin' fast ROM mah man, damn good job! Thanks OMJ
thx bro!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

berdsdini is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Im new to the android scene and was having an issue w this ROM. I originally flashed it and could not get wifi tether to work it would always force close.. I unrooted then rerooted and flashed this again and still no luck w wifi tether.. any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:11 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdsdini View Post
Im new to the android scene and was having an issue w this ROM. I originally flashed it and could not get wifi tether to work it would always force close.. I unrooted then rerooted and flashed this again and still no luck w wifi tether.. any help would be appreciated.
You just need to uninstall/reinstall from the Market and you should be golden.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:35 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

OMJ EVO 2.1 Eclair v1.5

DOWNLOAD

6/25 Updates

-added Wireless N support
-added PPCGEEKS bookmark

-updated Google Maps
-updated ROM Manager (though there's already a update available)

-removed Sprint HotSpot
-removed Bootup Sounds
-removed app2sd (wasn't working, still working on)

-changed default internet homepage

you may or may not need to wipe, it's always suggested. If you do not wipe & get caught in a boot loop, go back into recovery, wipe & reflash.

If you do wipe & want to restore your data, do a nandroid backup before wiping, and I'll explain later how to restore your data.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

cado33055 is just getting started

I've been trying to use the wireless teether and it keeps force closing as soon as I press start tethering. Am I the only one experiencing this or is the anyway I can get it to work. Tethering is one of the reasons I decided to use a custom rom (besides the fact I been using OMJs rom for a while)
Old 06-25-2010, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

frazy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to frazy

can you smell what OMJ is cooking? already on 1.5 good shit!
Old 06-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cado33055 View Post
I've been trying to use the wireless teether and it keeps force closing as soon as I press start tethering. Am I the only one experiencing this or is the anyway I can get it to work. Tethering is one of the reasons I decided to use a custom rom (besides the fact I been using OMJs rom for a while)
Look back 2 posts before yours
Id suggest jumping to v1.5 and see if it continues.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

cado33055 is just getting started

I must be the biggest noob but I tried updating to the 1.5 but it isnt a zip file so it wouldnt let me upgrade via the rom manager and when I compressed it into a zip file it went back to the original rom. What am I doing wrong or what am I not doing correctly

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development