PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 01:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/25/10*

v1.5 rockin' steady Bruddah!

I did have a FC on Wifi Tether but when I restored my data from Ti Backup it went smooth as glass!

EDIT: So if you get an FC then just uninstall/reinstall Wifi Tether from the Market

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-26-2010 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Couple of questions.. I apologize I am a noob.

I fully rooted and flashed my first rom lastnight, it was your 6/18 update. Also I have the latest radio. My questions might actually be simply answered.

If I go into rom manager and update to your new rom will all my current settings become lost? Or does it just simply apply the updated changes? Or maybe you could just explain what happens. I am not in a hurry to update I already flashed the wireless N kernal so I have that working.

Lastly I keep getting a force close for wireless tether. I open the app hit the tether button and a force close comes up. Am I doing something wrong? I looked this up but from what I could find my steps seem to be in line for how it works its just not working because it force closes. I did delet a couple of sprint apps but I did so carefully and didnt delet and tightly integrated apps, so I dont think that is the cause but maybe it is. Also I read over the above post but the user didnt put it in a super noob format for me to understand and try lol. So I havnt tried to restore yet with titanium.

One more question now that I think about it. If I do a nand back up right now and then say whipe my phone to factory settings and then restore the phone with the nand back up. Will the nand back set my phone to all my current settings? As in the way I like my broser set up all the way to how I like my phone to ring and viberate. Basicly will it even save the personalized setups? If it will do that will it also already have my gmail account setup?

Thank you a whole lot your rom is great. I couldnt get the stock rooted rom to work because of signature issues and decided to give your rom a try. I didnt want anything to diffrent for my first flash because well I dont know enough to go that drastic yet lol.

Thanks again, Thomas
Old 06-26-2010, 02:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
OMJ EVO 2.1 Eclair v1.5

6/25 Updates

-added Wireless N support
-added PPCGEEKS bookmark

-updated Google Maps
-updated ROM Manager (though there's already a update available)

-removed Sprint HotSpot
-removed Bootup Sounds
-removed app2sd (wasn't working, still working on)

-changed default internet homepage

you may or may not need to wipe, it's always suggested. If you do not wipe & get caught in a boot loop, go back into recovery, wipe & reflash.

If you do wipe & want to restore your data, do a nandroid backup before wiping, and I'll explain later how to restore your data.
Have you mentioned yet how to restore "my" data? I would like to flash the new rom..but want to restore my data.

Thanks,

Tp
Old 06-26-2010, 02:18 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
Couple of questions.. I apologize I am a noob.

I fully rooted and flashed my first rom lastnight, it was your 6/18 update. Also I have the latest radio. My questions might actually be simply answered.

If I go into rom manager and update to your new rom will all my current settings become lost? Or does it just simply apply the updated changes? Or maybe you could just explain what happens. I am not in a hurry to update I already flashed the wireless N kernal so I have that working.

Lastly I keep getting a force close for wireless tether. I open the app hit the tether button and a force close comes up. Am I doing something wrong? I looked this up but from what I could find my steps seem to be in line for how it works its just not working because it force closes. I did delet a couple of sprint apps but I did so carefully and didnt delet and tightly integrated apps, so I dont think that is the cause but maybe it is. Also I read over the above post but the user didnt put it in a super noob format for me to understand and try lol. So I havnt tried to restore yet with titanium.

One more question now that I think about it. If I do a nand back up right now and then say whipe my phone to factory settings and then restore the phone with the nand back up. Will the nand back set my phone to all my current settings? As in the way I like my broser set up all the way to how I like my phone to ring and viberate. Basicly will it even save the personalized setups? If it will do that will it also already have my gmail account setup?

Thank you a whole lot your rom is great. I couldnt get the stock rooted rom to work because of signature issues and decided to give your rom a try. I didnt want anything to diffrent for my first flash because well I dont know enough to go that drastic yet lol.

Thanks again, Thomas
Welcome my n00bian brotha lol

The best chance for a successful flash is to wipe your phone. Like OMJ said in his v1.5 DL post, some may say it's not needed but if you run into hiccups you'll need to wipe and reflash anyway so it's best to back up your settings with something like Titanium backup which is included in the ROM.
I just did it and it's n00b-easy Take your time to walk through the app you'll get it. There is an option to run your backups in a batch file so you dont have to do them one-by-one.

For your Wifi FC's just uninstall/reinstall the app from the market.

Nand backup does NOT backup your Settings, it backs up the ENTIRE ROM.
So if you Nand backup v1.4 and flash v1.5 but restore that Nand you'll be back to v1.4.
It's a failsafe in case something goes wrong with your new flash or you simply want to go back to the previous version.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-26-2010 at 03:17 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-26-2010, 02:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post

The best chance for a successful flash is to wipe your phone. Like OMJ said in his v1.5 DL post, some may say it's not needed but if you run into hiccups you'll need to wipe and reflash anyway so it's best to back up your settings with something like Titanium backup which is included in the ROM.
I just did it and it's n00b-easy Take your time to walk through the app you'll get it. I think there is an option to run your backups in a batch file so you dont have to do them one-by-one but that's in the paid version.

So if you Nand backup v1.4 and flash v1.5 but restore that Nand you'll be back to v1.4.
It's a failsafe in case something goes wrong with your new flash or you simply want to go back to the previous version.

WinMo, I have used Ti Backup a few times and I tried the batch backup, it worked but things like my email addresses didn't come thru. Did this work for you, or was it mainly the programs and program data that you had installed?

Tp
Old 06-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
WinMo, I have used Ti Backup a few times and I tried the batch backup, it worked but things like my email addresses didn't come thru. Did this work for you, or was it mainly the programs and program data that you had installed?

Tp
As far as I can tell everything I back up comes through but I didnt run batch, I do them one at a time.
I use Mail 2.00 to backup/restore my homail, work email, and (a second) Gmail accounts.

And no, OMJ hasnt dropped the data backup knowledge on us yet.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-26-2010 at 03:18 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
sorry, but I'm not sure what to change. Nothing was modified on BT drom the stock rom.
Yeah the stock ROM does the exact same thing as your ROM (turns off the headphone jack and device speaker when bluetooth A2DP is connected, but you can still hear notifications on both the bluetooth headset and the device speaker).

I don't know if it would even be possible for a ROM to have it cooked in. I think maybe some sort of app that has a toggle switch or something might be the only way to make it feasible. Just thinking out loud...
Old 06-26-2010, 03:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Terencec is keeping up the good workTerencec is keeping up the good work

Excuse my ignorance on this rom but does this rom have APK's that have been zip aligned and optimized and the rom de-odex'd.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2010, 03:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post

I just did it and it's n00b-easy Take your time to walk through the app you'll get it. There is an option to run your backups in a batch file so you dont have to do them one-by-one.

Thanks for clearing up my questions. Ill try to un-instale and re-install the wifi tether app as well to see if that works. Now you promted another question since nad back up only backs up the rom. What can I use to back up all my settings or at least most of my settings? I dont mind needed to re sign into accounts and what not but going threw and changing my sound notifacations to diffrent things and setting things to viberate or setting diffrent settings in my apps well thats all a pain in the a$$. I donated for the titanium back up so I have the paid version. I already used it to back up couple of my apps but I havnt used it to try and back everything up yet. Is it possible to use it to back everything up so it saves my settings for all my apps as well. Or better yet when I back up and app does it save the current settings? I mean if I change the setting is say my snes rom and then back it up, will the back up have the new settings or will it have the original settings?

Thanks again, I wont forget to hit that thanks tab either.

Edit: Also what you are saying is that basicly when I want to update to the new rom I need to flash it and not use Rom Manager because if I flash it its the only way to garante no hickups?

Last edited by twilk; 06-26-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:52 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
Thanks for clearing up my questions. Ill try to un-instale and re-install the wifi tether app as well to see if that works. Now you promted another question since nad back up only backs up the rom. What can I use to back up all my settings or at least most of my settings? I dont mind needed to re sign into accounts and what not but going threw and changing my sound notifacations to diffrent things and setting things to viberate or setting diffrent settings in my apps well thats all a pain in the a$$. I donated for the titanium back up so I have the paid version. I already used it to back up couple of my apps but I havnt used it to try and back everything up yet. Is it possible to use it to back everything up so it saves my settings for all my apps as well. Or better yet when I back up and app does it save the current settings? I mean if I change the setting is say my snes rom and then back it up, will the back up have the new settings or will it have the original settings?

Thanks again, I wont forget to hit that thanks tab either.

Edit: Also what you are saying is that basicly when I want to update to the new rom I need to flash it and not use Rom Manager because if I flash it its the only way to garante no hickups?
I honestly dont know ALL the options available in Titanium backup, I'm still exploring. However for one example if you backup [SMS/MMS PREFS] Messages 1.00
it will save your SMS settings (well, at least Ringtone-that's what I tested it with).
There are a ton of options in there.
When you go to restore your backed up app it will ask if you want to restore the app, the data (if the app is already included in the ROM I 'spose) or App+Data. Again, I cant guarantee it will save every setting for every app but it works really well for me. It did save high scores from a simple bowling game fwiw.

ROM Manager is good. You need to be fully rooted-I think you are. Even if you manually enter bootloader/Recovery Clockworkmod is now the default Recovery.
If you select Install ROM from SD for example it will prompt you to 1)backup your current ROM and 2) wipe data and cache.
I'm thorough though and I used it to Reboot into Recovery so I could factory reset 2X. There is an option to wipe Dalvik cache as well but I'm not positive it did it-it went too quick. My v1.5 installed fine though.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development