View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 02:26 AM
tpeazy
Regular 'Geeker

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/25/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Welcome my n00bian brotha lol

The best chance for a successful flash is to wipe your phone. Like OMJ said in his v1.5 DL post, some may say it's not needed but if you run into hiccups you'll need to wipe and reflash anyway so it's best to back up your settings with something like Titanium backup which is included in the ROM.
I just did it and it's n00b-easy Take your time to walk through the app you'll get it. I think there is an option to run your backups in a batch file so you dont have to do them one-by-one but that's in the paid version.

For your Wifi FC's just uninstall/reinstall the app from the market.

Nand backup does NOT backup your Settings, it backs up the ENTIRE ROM.
So if you Nand backup v1.4 and flash v1.5 but restore that Nand you'll be back to v1.4.
It's a failsafe in case something goes wrong with your new flash or you simply want to go back to the previous version.

WinMo, I have used Ti Backup a few times and I tried the batch backup, it worked but things like my email addresses didn't come thru. Did this work for you, or was it mainly the programs and program data that you had installed?

Tp