PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ChronoT52 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.4 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Not sure based on what you said-did you uninstall the old version before installing the new? or just install over the old?

I'd try uninstalling totally via the Market or Android Mate.
Boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik (2X).
Then install the new version.
Good luck.
Thanks - that did the trick!
Old 01-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Question Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.4 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
sounds like maybe a bad flash, i use home button and id photos in sms without any issues on 4.4
Now I reflash again I have not yet seen any sense restart yet. However, my contacts are still with out a picture when I open my text messages but they do have a picture on my contacts list. I refresh all my contact sync and also update with facebook. Any sugesstions?

By the way I did a wipe before reflash again on the recovery screen.

Giovanny
Old 01-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdtatums View Post
After going back to the stock kernel my battery life is much much better. I do have the extended battery, which helps but I was still getting crazy drain throughout the day. Therefore, I went back to the stock after people had recommended it. I am currently at 21 hours with 47% of my battery left. Today was a much lighter usage day than normal, but results speak for themselves. If you are having problems go back to stock. Thanks OMJ! Best ROM out there.
My battery has greatly improved as well. I did a reflash exactly the way it is described here:
Every ROM I'm running has equal up time and awake time - xda-developers

I then deleted GSD.apk, HTCloggers.apk (along with the usual stuff - Facebook, friendstream provider, bloatware, etc.) and used autostarts to disable a lot of stuff.

Battery is now as good or better than on 3.8. 13 hours on standby with two missed texts and three missed calls (slept in this am) and I was at 90%.

There are two other new apk's that I would like to know what they do:

PVMtpServiceStart.apk and PVWmdrmService.apk

Last edited by chas123; 01-15-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

@ OMJ,

Hey bud is 4.4 using Aamikam's ENG loc only base or the one just previous? He updated it on 1-3 (4 days after ur update) and I was just wondering if you got it early from him before he posted it?

Next...

Ok (update)... been a while since I asked (lol) ... did some more research on the UA string thing. I haven't learned yet to decompile an apk or mod it but thought you or aamikam could maybe do so. Here is what I've figured out so far...

Using the about:debug command for the browser I can go into settings (which now has additional setting due to the command) and change the UA. When I bring up the UA options it, of course, has the standard 4 options (Android, Desktop, iPhone, iPad) and an additional one for "manual". I can check the manual option and enter this UA string ...

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.1; Windows XP)

This makes the browser behave exactly as I need it to in order to use all the functions of my company's website. The problem is that after a re-boot it won't stay defaulted to the manual string and I have to go into about:debug again and change the UA string back to manual which is a tedious process... admittedly the browser does seem a touch slower, but that's ok for me since I use Dolphin for everthing else and would then just use the stock browser when I needed my company website.

So here is what I'm thinking... to decompile the browser.apk in order to go in and modify the necessary .xml's to "replace" one of the 4 default options. Like say the "desktop" option and change it's name in the .xml's to "IE6" and and the associated string entries to the one above. The problem for me is this... I find multiple references in multiple .xml's for this stuff when I open browser.apk with WinRAR, I don't know which ones to change (guess I could just change them all and see), and then I don't know how to re-package it back up and sign (if necessary). So I'm hoping that you, aamikam, or anybody can mod the browser.apk for me so I can use WinRAR to swap it out of the rom.zip pre-flash and it will be my new stock browser. Think that would work? ...(and if we use aamikam's then the apk will also still be optimized )

Thanks!

Last edited by Vancer; 01-15-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff

Well guys... I have probably spent WAY too much time on this today (probably about the last 6 hrs or so lol) and don't even know if any of y'all will want it but I think it's pretty cool so I'm gonna post it up.

As you can see from my post above... I DID NOT CREATE any of this, but I'm really good at stealing shit and figuring out how to make it work hehe!

I have always been a big fan of Sense b/c it just looks slicker than anything out there, ie. weather clock, calendar widget, clock app, music widget, etc... BUT I have always hated that damn launcher dock both in the way it looks and it's layout! I have tried other launchers but none of them look near as polished and slick as Sense. So...

I spent the day figuring out how replace the Sense launcher dock but keeping the Sense launcher by a lot of research, trial and error, some combining of things, and a whole lotta thievin' ... from the following people:

Thank You to ...
MYN most especially for most of this is his work!
and DG4FREE and thepiecesfit's for adding to Myn's work!

The attached pic will show you what you get with this flashable zip file. It goes very nicely with OMJ's rom and from what I can tell so far has not messed with anything else at all

Included in the flashable zip is: rosie.apk (modded by DG4FREE), rosiesettings.apk (thank you Myn for this awesome app), and com.htc.resources.apk (from thepiecesfit's mod)

You can flash it from either Clockwork or Amon_Ra recovery. I was back and forth b/t both today but if I'm remembering correctly you may have to toggle permissions before flashing when using Amon_Ra. (just try and if it gives you an error just toggle permissions and flash again)

To answer the question before it is asked... will this mess with Aamikam's (finally noticed I have been spelling his screen wrong, sorry Aamikam ) optimization due to replacing theese files? From reading up on this I would have to say that it will to some degree. I can say that theese files vary just slightly in size from Aamikam's optimized ones and that I have not noticed ANY slowing down of my phone since installing ... rosie.apk was 52KB larger, com.htc.resources.apk was 853KB larger, and you didn't have rosiesettings.apk on your phone yet most likely

There were some mods that gave specific icons for the left and right buttons but I decided to go with the generic so that people could use Myn's Rosie Settings app and set them to what they wanted and wouldn't have the wrong cooresponding icon.

Hope y'all like cause I know I do!

Here is the link to the flashable zip:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVO/Users/OMJ/..._rosie_mod.zip

*****EDIT*****

What movie is that from and who was it that said... "WHAT AN IDIOT!" ... well that's what I feel like right about now after spending this much of my time on something that was already pretty much done! UGH! Ok so after all that google searching and going through I don't know how many threads or how many trial and errors to combine things from different places I finally come across pretty much exactly what I was looking for linked in Aamikam's thread ... So all i have done to the flashable zip linked in his thread was replace the rosie.apk with the one from DG4FEE which just cropped Myn's launcher dock so it didn't go all the way across the screen (the one in the attached pic). Oh well, I guess I learned some stuff!

The link posted above is now the zip that I ever so slightly modified and will give you all of the stuff mentioned earlier... you may laugh now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg customrosiestockicons.jpg (129.0 KB, 49 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Vancer; 01-16-2011 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

OMJ help!

Trying to get this file to upload to my ftp with no luck

Since you are a mod can you log in and fix it?

I've tried the quick link on the site and FileZilla as well using anonymous log in but keep getting 550 error permission denied??? Grrr

Edit: Ok buddy, sorry but I hyjacked ur ftp and put it in your folder hehe ... let me know if you can get the permissions fixed on my folder in the EVO section. Thanks!

Last edited by Vancer; 01-15-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started

Ok.. so I've searched this thread and can't find a definitive answer on swype.

I saw were it was included in the rom then there was a post from OMJ where it wasn't. I just installed this ROM after deciding to look for a kernal that isn't going to cause my battery to smoke.. LOL. (Which I'll add, I never had any problems with the SBC kernel).

However, I love me some swype and can't seem to get it working. I had it installed, but it was giving FC constantly. Then I found this thread about it being on the ROM so I uninstalled. But now it's not there.

Can someone point back in the right direction?

Thanks.

BTW...
I've been running OMJ's ROMs since I've had my EVO and NEVER had a problem with them.. they are fantastic!!! Kudos to OMJ.

EDIT!!!! ---- so I went ahead and just wiped all data and did a factory reset and then reinstalled the ROM. Problem solved.

Last edited by daveedem; 01-16-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: update my issue
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

what is Deodexed and odexed?

also i am using sprint lovers rom all in one.
if i wanted to switch to yours do i need to do anything special?
I am rooted by unrevoked 3.

Last edited by caleb02; 01-16-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedem View Post
Ok.. so I've searched this thread and can't find a definitive answer on swype.

I saw were it was included in the rom then there was a post from OMJ where it wasn't. I just installed this ROM after deciding to look for a kernal that isn't going to cause my battery to smoke.. LOL. (Which I'll add, I never had any problems with the SBC kernel).

However, I love me some swype and can't seem to get it working. I had it installed, but it was giving FC constantly. Then I found this thread about it being on the ROM so I uninstalled. But now it's not there.

Can someone point back in the right direction?

Thanks.

BTW... I've been running OMJ's ROMs since I've had my EVO and NEVER had a problem with them.. they are fantastic!!! Kudos to OMJ.
Just long press on any text box and then select input method from the pop up

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
what is Deodexed and odexed?

also i am using sprint lovers rom all in one.
if i wanted to switch to yours do i need to do anything special?
I am rooted by unrevoked 3.
Short answer ... need de-odexed to apply any themes and is supposed to load a little slower but I have not noticed it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development