PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.8 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
What's not true? With Toast & Simple Root you roll back to 1.34_003 PRI. And it appears you can't update (as zone23 stated) The stock (and newest) is 1.40_003

Ya you can't update your PRI with Toast method and some reported faster 3G with the newer PRI. Word on the streets is no new PRI until a new RUU is released. With all that said since Unrevoked method is not a full root you can get the newer PRI. Once you Root with Toast you cannot update the PRI.

Droidrox39

Last edited by zone23; 07-23-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bugzy is keeping up the good workbugzy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Stupid question, probably answer.

With custom ROM's including OMJ's ... does OTA updates work ?
Old 07-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post

With custom ROMS the OTA stuff are included, so you wont be prompted to update anymore.

If you were on a 1.6 or previous, flash 1.7 and you'd have the OTA updates. Then you can flash 1.8 or 1.8d

Old 07-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Ya you can't update your PRI with Toast method and some reported faster 3G with the newer PRI. Word on the streets is no new PRI until a new RUU is released. With all that said since Unrevoked method is not a full root you can get the newer PRI. Once you Root with Toast you cannot update the PRI.
Bingo. Toast's eng-PC36 file that gives us an unlocked nand ("full" root) is what sends us back to the 1.34 PRI. So you can have the 1.40 PRI but not an unlocked nand at the moment.

You can live with "partial" root but it MAY cause issues on ROMs that "expect" you to have full root. My guess is OMJ would be fine to run that way.
fwiw I have the 1.34 PRI and my 3G is fan-friggen-tastic.

Quote:

I have never been prompted for an update while on OMJ as some ROMs are set up so you never get prompted. Obviously it's possible because so many users accepted the OTA and lost root. No idea what ROMs they were on. Turning off automatic HTC updates may help too.
Menu/settings/system updates/HTC Updates. Uncheck the box.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:02 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

EnamoRED ROM is uploading .... I'm actually diggin this!

Quote:

the default setting in my ROM is that it will automatically check for updates, but I have the latest updates included. If a new OTA update were available, you would get notified, but I wouldn't install, as it could lead to loss of root. If you go into menu/system updates/htc software update, you can uncheck it.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:15 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Thanks OMJ
Red looks great.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:22 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

OMJ EVO 2.1 Eclair V1.9 EnamoRED Themed
(Thanks to Konikub & djfreake for the theme!)

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

-EnamoRED Themed
-updated Titanium Backup to 3.3.2
-updated ROM Manager to 2.0.1.2
-updated Advanced Task Killer to 1.9.0
Old 07-23-2010, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: His and Her HTC EVO's

travisr528 is keeping up the good worktravisr528 is keeping up the good work

Looks good! I am more of a blue guy. But I am flashing.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:42 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisr528 View Post
Looks good! I am more of a blue guy. But I am flashing.
lol, I'm cooking a blue version now
Old 07-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
lol, I'm cooking a blue version now
LOL. Thanks Mr "well call me an old man, but I kinda like the stock look"

Glad you're jumping in with both feet

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development