View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 02:06 AM
twilk
Regular 'Geeker

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/25/10*

Couple of questions.. I apologize I am a noob.

I fully rooted and flashed my first rom lastnight, it was your 6/18 update. Also I have the latest radio. My questions might actually be simply answered.

If I go into rom manager and update to your new rom will all my current settings become lost? Or does it just simply apply the updated changes? Or maybe you could just explain what happens. I am not in a hurry to update I already flashed the wireless N kernal so I have that working.

Lastly I keep getting a force close for wireless tether. I open the app hit the tether button and a force close comes up. Am I doing something wrong? I looked this up but from what I could find my steps seem to be in line for how it works its just not working because it force closes. I did delet a couple of sprint apps but I did so carefully and didnt delet and tightly integrated apps, so I dont think that is the cause but maybe it is. Also I read over the above post but the user didnt put it in a super noob format for me to understand and try lol. So I havnt tried to restore yet with titanium.

One more question now that I think about it. If I do a nand back up right now and then say whipe my phone to factory settings and then restore the phone with the nand back up. Will the nand back set my phone to all my current settings? As in the way I like my broser set up all the way to how I like my phone to ring and viberate. Basicly will it even save the personalized setups? If it will do that will it also already have my gmail account setup?

Thank you a whole lot your rom is great. I couldnt get the stock rooted rom to work because of signature issues and decided to give your rom a try. I didnt want anything to diffrent for my first flash because well I dont know enough to go that drastic yet lol.

Thanks again, Thomas