PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

[QUOTE=Riptide9;1826802]They are in there

Aftet i flashed it ..i didnt see them i only saw the superuser permission
Old 06-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
Hey yall after installing the new rom what apps should i see..
I dnt see the task killing app or titanium back up!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
They are in there
Sure are. I'd say a re-flash is in order. Did you Factory reset and wipe Dalvic cache before you flashed? I wipe each one twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
For those who want to wifi tether! This ROM's stock one doesn't work. Uninstall it, then install this newer version (I put it on the root of my sd) and it will work!
Quote:
Thats the one I am using... Works great.
Sure does, as I posted just a few posts ago.
I opened the ROM zip on my PC and that version is most definitely included in the ROM-just double checked in case I backed it up with Titanium.

Although for those that are having issues a uninstall/re-install *may* help. Just a thought...
Old 06-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Sure are. I'd say a re-flash is in order. Did you Factory reset and wipe Dalvic cache before you flashed? I wipe each one twice.

Sure does, as I posted just a few posts ago.
I opened the ROM zip on my PC and that version is most definitely included in the ROM-just double checked in case I backed it up with Titanium.

Although for those that are having issues a uninstall/re-install *may* help. Just a thought...
I used the rom manager app.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Nevrrmind guys i got it thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Question: Before flashing (on stock) I used the Sprint hotspot with no problem... after flashing (OMJ 6/18 w/radio) I have the tethering app working but the Sprint Hotspot doesn't work... I keep getting an error about my pcsvision usr and psw in not correct and it shows no mobile service. I know that the wifi tether app is basically the same thing but I want to know if the Sprint hotspot is supposed to be working or not. Thanks
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

I had the Wifi Tethering FC issue.
Went to the marketplace and uninstalled/reinstalled and it works fine.

BTW - Can someone tell me how to get the APK files on my storage card after I download/install? I want the actual APK file so that I can install it again if I switch roms w/o having to find them in the Marketplace.

Quote:
Question: Before flashing (on stock) I used the Sprint hotspot with no problem... after flashing (OMJ 6/18 w/radio) I have the tethering app working but the Sprint Hotspot doesn't work... I keep getting an error about my pcsvision usr and psw in not correct and it shows no mobile service. I know that the wifi tether app is basically the same thing but I want to know if the Sprint hotspot is supposed to be working or not. Thanks
Hotspot will not work on rooted roms. Not sure if rooting the phone caused it not to work, or actually installing a custom rom. But it won't work.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post

BTW - Can someone tell me how to get the APK files on my storage card after I download/install? I want the actual APK file so that I can install it again if I switch roms w/o having to find them in the Marketplace.

Hotspot will not work on rooted roms. Not sure if rooting the phone caused it not to work, or actually installing a custom rom. But it won't work.
Ok, Thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

zeeyo987 is a n00b

hey guys im still using the stock rom (wanted to wait for cooked roms to be really stable) how does this updated rom compare, hows battery life, speed, overall stability of programs and such? thanks!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeyo987 View Post
hey guys im still using the stock rom (wanted to wait for cooked roms to be really stable) how does this updated rom compare, hows battery life, speed, overall stability of programs and such? thanks!
WinMo or Android the answer is the same- YOU gotta flash 2 findout.
I think OMJ rocks. Rock steady, great battery life, fast as hell.
You may agree, you may not.
Have fun finding out
Old 06-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post

Sent you a PM @ ap2sd. While it gets ironed out Titanium will back up your apps so you don't have to go hunting in the Market.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development