PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

MX51 is keeping up the good workMX51 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to MX51
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/10/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Not sure how you could be on OMJ and the .1 software but that could explain your SD issue as that was the software version that needed the OTA fix.
If you messed with the OTA fix after obtaining root you may have lost root which may explain why you can't get into recovery.
Try and download an app that needs root access. I don't think you can download without root but even if you can it won't run without it.
Good luck.
I am on the .6 software version, not .1.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX51 View Post
I tried different ones already but it doesnt do anything. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with an update I think I did.

I am now on version: 1.32.651.6 instead of 1.32.651.1.

I tried going back to recovery and flash the rom again but the evo doesn't obey the commands when i enter them. Tried the adb already but says that the phone isn't connected or not found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX51 View Post
I am on the .6 software version, not .1.
As you said "I am now on .6" I thought you meant you were on .1 when you had the SD issues...
If you're still having issues while on OMJ's ROM post up your current status.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:53 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiBran View Post
I don't want all of the sprint apps, just the sprint navigation... how can I just get that one back after I flash to your rom... Cant live in a new city without sprint navigation... google navigation gets me lost. Thanks OMJ, I've been with you since the TP days... went to a pre for a while, but I'm back with my EVO... woohoo... sooooo missed my ppcgeeks.
thx, but I never had a TP, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrios3323 View Post
does anyone know where I can download the ad blocker.apk file? thanks!
the ad blocker in my rom is not a APK, it's a modified host file located @ system/etc
Old 06-16-2010, 08:05 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Rooting mine now and getting ready to flash this rom.
Thanks OMJ

Now I need an Android kitchen to play with.

Wuttup DroidNewbie? LMAO
Old 06-17-2010, 01:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro, evo
Carrier: sprint

farrellcollie is a n00b

Okay - I am a noob at android and probably an idiot - but I rooted and flashed this rom and now it reads my music from the sd card but nothing else and I cannot sync. /I tried rebooting and I tried pulling the battery. I read about the fastboot but did not understand any of it. Should I reflash or is there someplace that will spell out the how to do the fastboot thing in simple steps and exactly what to type? Thank you.

It seems I can now read the card after reflashing but sync still not does work.

Last edited by farrellcollie; 06-17-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Just flashed this and Ive noticed 2 things:

My bluetooth wont turn on and it wont read my SD card, it says it was removed. Any ideas?

edit: and a 3rd, my phone wont charge?!?!?!

Last edited by subzero1313; 06-17-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:10 AM
N00b

farrellcollie is a n00b

I found some useful info here on sd card not being read after rooting but a reflash worked for me on sd card :
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=evo+card+root
Old 06-17-2010, 02:13 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrellcollie View Post
Okay - I am a noob at android and probably an idiot - but I rooted and flashed this rom and now it reads my music from the sd card but nothing else and I cannot sync. /I tried rebooting and I tried pulling the battery. I read about the fastboot but did not understand any of it. Should I reflash or is there someplace that will spell out the how to do the fastboot thing in simple steps and exactly what to type? Thank you.

It seems I can now read the card after reflashing but sync still not does work.
Did you wipe before flashing?
What sync, HTC Sync?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Just flashed this and Ive noticed 2 things:

My bluetooth wont turn on and it wont read my SD card, it says it was removed. Any ideas?

edit: and a 3rd, my phone wont charge?!?!?!
Same question-did you wipe?
Old 06-17-2010, 02:17 AM
N00b

farrellcollie is a n00b

Yes - I wiped both times - the second time I re did it - my sd card is now read I just cannot sync in order to put my calendar and contacts back on the phone.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:25 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrellcollie View Post
Yes - I wiped both times - the second time I re did it - my sd card is now read I just cannot sync in order to put my calendar and contacts back on the phone.
Sorry to be dense but do you mean HTC Sync or syncing with Google/gmail?
I sync with my Gmail account-both calendar and contacts.
HTC Sync is unreliable IMO.
If you're not backed up with Google did you do a NAND back up before you flashed?

EDIT:
Here's the original xda thread on SD and charging issues:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695243

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-17-2010 at 02:37 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development