PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 12:36 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.4 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
So you are formatting completely then re flashing 4.4?
yep....format all, flash....I setup up all email account & settings from scratch, I only used mybackup pro to restore, call logs, sms & home screen

location working now....
Old 01-01-2011, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

Quote:
Having the same issue. Shows I'm in Tripoli, wherever the hell that is and the time is 6:12 pm when it should be 10:12 am seeing that I'm in Texas. Last night it showed current location and looked like hieroglyphics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I reflashed, and location was working fine. I restored my data.img & it went back to current location....something is hokey in my backup, so I'm reflashing again & will start from scratch w/o restoring data.img....

tripoli is also in africa, albeit northern africa lol

here's some other wackiness, many of the times i reboot, the phone turns 4g switch on, even though it wasn't on previously

i had edited the weather cities file to add a city i like to check on, i'm wondering if just deleting all the foreign ones that i dont need might not help?
Old 01-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Wrong Time/Location - xda-developers

This is a pretty recent thread on the issue. Someone seems to think it's an issue w/the cell towers and Sprint will get it worked out. Others at xda are saying it is an HTC server issue. There are several recent threads from last month on the issue. Someone needs to get this fixed stat.

Last edited by jayhuffdaddy; 01-01-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
yep....format all, flash....I setup up all email account & settings from scratch, I only used mybackup pro to restore, call logs, sms & home screen

location working now....
I did a format all twice before coming to 4.4 from 4.3. I think that your location will go back to being fubared regardless.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

It has to be something with the towers of some sort. It keeps reverting back to Africa. When I go into the weather and refresh it will put me back where I need to be. I also went into settings, date and time and unchecked automatic. This is crazy.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
It has to be something with the towers of some sort. It keeps reverting back to Africa. When I go into the weather and refresh it will put me back where I need to be. I also went into settings, date and time and unchecked automatic. This is crazy.
I restore nothing but apps, bookmarks, and non-gmail email accts from my last flash. After every flash I update PRL and Profile.
Being that it is GPS and cell tower dependent that may help.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
I restore nothing but apps, bookmarks, and non-gmail email accts from my last flash. After every flash I update PRL and Profile.
Being that it is GPS and cell tower dependent that may help.
Same here, Apps w/data, bookmarks and dictionary. I go back in and reconfigure my htc mail everytime.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Same here, Apps w/data, bookmarks and dictionary. I go back in and reconfigure my htc mail everytime.
So it's not the backup but what about your PRL/profile?
Do you update regularly?
Old 01-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

coloneljulius is a n00b

Hulu is working for me. I performed a long click on the screen and the hourglass disappeared. Then double clicked on the screen again and the video began playing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
So it's not the backup but what about your PRL/profile?
Do you update regularly?
Did that and so far so good. Fingers crossed.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development