PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 04:17 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.4 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljulius View Post
Hulu is working for me. I performed a long click on the screen and the hourglass disappeared. Then double clicked on the screen again and the video began playing.
nice find.....worked perfectly
Old 01-01-2011, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Hawaii Tom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have been having a problem with my SD card randomly "disappearing". Any one else experiencing this? Found an article describing it: Sprint HTC EVO 4G Suffers Firmware Upgrade Problems | Geeky Gadgets
Old 01-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Happy New Year to all !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I saw someone post that the other day in another thread....since going to 4.4, I have been stuck w/ "current location"....odd, nothing I do will get it to display the actual location.....I know ppl have reported this in the past, anyone know of a fix?
Full format, wipes and flash and everything working properly for me ... I actually set up gmail manually during the initial set up but use Titanium Backup for basically everything else and never have any problems with it... tried My Backup Root but it is SO much slower than TB (paid version)

Quote:
I don't know what the deal is w/ Hulu....the app launches for me, but I get an hourglass when I click on a video.....has anyone tried any fixes that work?
Damn coloneljulius beat me to the punch! ... yep a simple click on the hour glass and wait a sec and it starts playing ... logged in though and it says my queue is empty (which it is not)??? ... also, anybody get the fullscreen option to work properly and center correctly?

Quote:

yeah, I will update it, though it will be based on stock RUU, so really it will just have some minor updates....
Don't you have to be DE-odexed to flash a theme? (mention b/c the other guy was asking for an odexed version b/c he wanted to flash a theme)

Last edited by Vancer; 01-01-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

@ OMJ,

What has Amikam tweaked in the base for speed? Asking because I'm wondering if I can flash either some themes or maybe just some notif bar stuff?

In spare parts there is an option to ZipAlign APKs at boot... should we check this? What exactly does ZipAligning do? and will it negatively effect any of Amikam's tweaks to the base?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

ok maybe its my android n00bness but why is it when i send someone a picture, or when i get one, it always shows up as a 'slideshow' meaning only basically a thumbnail instead of the full image, especially when you attempt to put any text in the message as well?
Old 01-01-2011, 09:47 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Happy New Year to all !!

Don't you have to be DE-odexed to flash a theme? (mention b/c the other guy was asking for an odexed version b/c he wanted to flash a theme)
yep, you have to use a deodexed ROM to apply a theme....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
@ OMJ,

What has Amikam tweaked in the base for speed? Asking because I'm wondering if I can flash either some themes or maybe just some notif bar stuff?

In spare parts there is an option to ZipAlign APKs at boot... should we check this? What exactly does ZipAligning do? and will it negatively effect any of Amikam's tweaks to the base?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
Ok guys... i was working on making my new rom version and i thought of an idea to optimize my rom as much as i can.
The whole process took me about two days to complete since i rebuilt approx 120-130 apk's and made approx 5,000 xml edits.

This ROM is basically my personal built of an HTC sense ROM and will be the new base for my ROM that will come out sometime later on this week.

Im sharing it cuz i think it is a big improvement to the overall system. And i thought i'll share my work with everyone.

First i would like to state that EVERYTHING IS WORKING on this ROM. So unless its a bug i didn't notice... it's all good.

Now... what was done here was basically rebuilding all of the ROM's apks and frameworks to remove all of the useless extra languages that were inside.

This resulted in much smaller apk sizes and resources.arsc files inside the apk's (up to 10 times smaller).
As a result of having smaller apk's loading times are faster and the ROM size is smaller.
All that is followed by the system consuming less RAM and that can easily be translated into better battery life.

Also, i changed all of the drawing methods from "fill_parent" to "match_parent" because i saw on the android dev website that using the "fill_parent" method should not be used starting android 2.2 (feel free to checkout the android dev website to see more details).

All of these changes should result in the fastest HTC Sense ROM thats is out now.

Keep in mind that its a Stock ROM so i only made a few tiny changes to it besides the fact the 95% of the apk's and framework are rebuild by me.

So, with that said... no screenshots are needed and understand that this ROM is meant to be used as a base for other roms if anyone would like to use it or as a daily driver for those who like stock ROMs.

As a side note... please understand that if u flash any themes over this rom it will take away the optimization i made from the specific app that was themed cuz all the themes that r out right now still have all of the localization files in their apk's which will make my optimization of that app useless.

Also note that this rom is probably not going to be maintained cuz it is meant to be used as a base for all who wants to use it and i already have my own rom to work on.
This should also explain why all of the stock ROM apps r still on it.

This is what inside:[INDENT]Rooted
Stock HTC Kernel (the one from OTA 3.70)
All of the stock ROM apps
Updated Apps
Updated Market (2.2.7)
4-in-1 Reboot Mod (my port)
USB/HotSpot Hack (my port based on vaelek port to calk's work) thats what i call team work, kinda.
Dalvik to Cache and Zipalign on boot
v4.4 he further compressed the apks

and as u can see, it zipaligns on boot
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ok, i've flashed 4.4 twice now with cache/data wipes with rom manager, and neither time it enables or lets me enable/use the htcime keyboard, it only will use the touchinput one, what am i doing wrong or forgetting?
Old 01-01-2011, 10:03 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
ok, i've flashed 4.4 twice now with cache/data wipes with rom manager, and neither time it enables or lets me enable/use the htcime keyboard, it only will use the touchinput one, what am i doing wrong or forgetting?
did u activate it 1st in menu/settings/language & keyboard?
Old 01-01-2011, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
did u activate it 1st in menu/settings/language & keyboard?

yup, unchecked it and rechecked it, still stays with touchinput
Old 01-01-2011, 10:36 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
yup, unchecked it and rechecked it, still stays with touchinput
and just to make sure, you're long pressing in a input box to get the input method choice?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development