PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 10:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM] - [12/18/2010] - ReEngineered 3.70.651.1 - A Faster HTC Sense ROM

Ok guys... i was working on making my new rom version and i thought of an idea to optimize my rom as much as i can.
The whole process took me about two days to complete since i rebuilt approx 120-130 apk's and made approx 5,000 xml edits.

This ROM is basically my personal built of an HTC sense ROM and will be the new base for my ROM that will come out sometime later on this week.

Im sharing it cuz i think it is a big improvement to the overall system. And i thought i'll share my work with everyone.

First i would like to state that EVERYTHING IS WORKING on this ROM. So unless its a bug i didn't notice... it's all good.

Now... what was done here was basically rebuilding all of the ROM's apks and frameworks to remove all of the useless extra languages that were inside.

This resulted in much smaller apk sizes and resources.arsc files inside the apk's (up to 10 times smaller).
As a result of having smaller apk's loading times are faster and the ROM size is smaller.
All that is followed by the system consuming less RAM and that can easily be translated into better battery life.

Also, i changed all of the drawing methods from "fill_parent" to "match_parent" because i saw on the android dev website that using the "fill_parent" method should not be used starting android 2.2 (feel free to checkout the android dev website to see more details).

All of these changes should result in the fastest HTC Sense ROM thats is out now.

Keep in mind that its a Stock ROM so i only made a few tiny changes to it besides the fact the 95% of the apk's and framework are rebuild by me.

So, with that said... no screenshots are needed and understand that this ROM is meant to be used as a base for other roms if anyone would like to use it or as a daily driver for those who like stock ROMs.

As a side note... please understand that if u flash any themes over this rom it will take away the optimization i made from the specific app that was themed cuz all the themes that r out right now still have all of the localization files in their apk's which will make my optimization of that app useless.

Also note that this rom is probably not going to be maintained cuz it is meant to be used as a base for all who wants to use it and i already have my own rom to work on.
This should also explain why all of the stock ROM apps r still on it.

This is what inside:
Rooted
Stock HTC Kernel (the one from OTA 3.70)
All of the stock ROM apps
Updated Apps
Updated Market (2.2.7)
4-in-1 Reboot Mod (my port)
USB/HotSpot Hack (my port based on vaelek port to calk's work) thats what i call team work, kinda.
Dalvik to Cache and Zipalign on boot
Download
Mirrors

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 12-18-2010 at 10:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

carlitos is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ROM] - [12/18/2010] - ReEngineered 3.70.651.1 - A Faster HTC Sense ROM

downloading rite now.. see whats up later on..

Old 12-19-2010, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

mrimage is just getting started

the clock is showing a different time, anyone else with this?
Old 12-19-2010, 01:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrimage View Post
the clock is showing a different time, anyone else with this?
did u wipe before flashing?

since i rebuilt almost all the packages it could be that i missed an issue with the time zones... but i dont think so cuz its working for me and everyone else that d/l this rom.

if u didnt fully wipe... try to fully wipe.
if u did fully wipe... try restarting the phone and see what happens.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro2 ->->evo4g
Carrier: sprint

im4u2hear is just getting started

i installed thru recovery and wiped cache and dv 2x.... and still the rom that was previously is still there except with the upgraded 3.70, i'm a bit confused would this mess the optimization u did, so far looks good thank you
Old 12-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

flashed this rom over another rooted 3.70 deodexed stock rom. No issues to report. It is definitely faster than before plus now I have reboot option and hotspot and other fixes. Thanks Bud!
Old 12-19-2010, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Macropoutsis is just getting started

Nice job bud. When's the theme rom coming? Love your white and black theme.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So how's this rom running guys? I havent taken it for a spin yet...

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 12-19-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

GERONIMO.USMC is a n00b

Great ideas/work. I really want to flash. Before I flash, does this include:
-MMS Compression fix
-MMS Size Limits changed to (500k, 2MB, 5MB)
-Uninstallable apps,

if not point me to instructions on how to add......Thanks
Old 12-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

mrimage is just getting started

the rom is running great and fast and smooth, this is a base stock rom guys, you have to wait until the great cheff put is great rom together with all the nice stuff

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development