PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
There might be other issues because the original error was"this app is for Sprint customers only" or something along those lines. All I did was change the banner, reboot and the app worked. I didnt have to reinstall the app or anything.

Try going into the appllication under menu/settings/applications/manage applications/All

Find the app and clear the cache

Other than that a format wipe might help, then again Im not sure.
Ok.... all my shit is working now... the phone doesnt seem to be lagging anymore.. aside from changing the banner back to "Sprint" I also downloaded and installed combo radio,wimax,etc,etc pack from XDA and now everything is working . Just tried football live (dolphins lost BTW) and it works nice. Definite speed increase on the phone.. lag seems to be gone...

Thanks...

Sent from my Evo"Nator" using TapaTalk
Old 10-05-2010, 03:45 PM
N00b
Carrier: sprint

screamin69 is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

I cant get my wireless tethering going with the new flash 3.29 OMJ's, any help is appreciated..it starts up but wont connect to the internet.

Last edited by screamin69; 10-05-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I cant send or receive mms. any ideas? i did search and i didnt get anything. maybe i didnt look long enough?

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 10-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin69 View Post
I cant get my wireless tethering going with the new flash 3.29 OMJ's, any help is appreciated..it starts up but wont connect to the internet.
Do you have enable wifi encryption on? And if so does your passphrase match? I am wirelessly tethering right now, so I know it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
I cant send or receive mms. any ideas? i did search and i didnt get anything. maybe i didnt look long enough?
Dont know...I got a pic mail this morning. Havnt tried to send one though, maybe a reset is in order. Obviously keep looking though before you go that route.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ok i reset and now i have a 4g loop out grrrrr
Old 10-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Do you have the updated radio and wimax?

Baseband 2.15.00.09.01
Old 10-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Quote:
Searching probably didnt turn up anything cuz as TRE says, there are no issues with MMS with the ROM. Assuming it's not a temp network issue:
What ROM exactly?
You make any mods? Kernel change? Themes?
Did it work and then stop or it didnt work from the initial flash?
By now you may have fixed your boot loop issue but if not, pull the battery, wipe cache and dalvik and see if that allows you to boot.

As TRE pointed out and rich found out earlier-it's a good idea to update to all the latest software-OS/radios/wimax as everything is written to "gel" with one another. Sometimes we can mix and match but not always.
Also it's a good idea to update your profile after a new ROM flash.

If all else fails (esp if it didnt work from the initial flash) then I'd rewipe and reinstall. Something as basic as MMS not working is evidence of something getting fouled during the initial set up imo, especially when it appears to be an isolated issue.

Good luck.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

damn i got spoiled pretty bad flashing custom roms on my TP2 - ENRGZ had a new build every 2 -5 days or so..i guess the EVO is just bad ass!!...no updates needed..no complaints bout something not working correctly. so glad i was able to make the switch from WinMobile(definitely NOT going back EVER!!!!!)... haven't tried any other rom for this phone besides OMJ's with netarchy kernel. need to find some cool apps or themes to keep me occupied with this phone.. i keep trying to find something wrong with the phone but simply cant!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
damn i got spoiled pretty bad flashing custom roms on my TP2 - ENRGZ had a new build every 2 -5 days or so..i guess the EVO is just bad ass!!...no updates needed..no complaints bout something not working correctly. so glad i was able to make the switch from WinMobile(definitely NOT going back EVER!!!!!)... haven't tried any other rom for this phone besides OMJ's with netarchy kernel. need to find some cool apps or themes to keep me occupied with this phone.. i keep trying to find something wrong with the phone but simply cant!
Exactly
A nice collection of themes can be found here:
EVO 4G Themes and Apps - xda-developers

Riptide's is one of my favs:
[THEME] Update 10-3 [NEW ADDONS] FROYO2.2 Riptide9's ColorNClear, White, or Glass - xda-developers
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

frazy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to frazy

alrite i finally got this rom to work properly. omj 3.5 with 1.77 pri. all is good!

the market issue before where it lagged is not happening anymore.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development