PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj970 View Post
Hey all...did a search for "4g" in this thread and it wouldn't find any hits for me.

I just upgraded from OMJ 3.0 to 3.5.

I tried using 4g in downtown Long Beach, CA, along the 405 to the 22 into Anaheim and Garden Grove but never got a signal. It ate through my battery like crazy though...

From reports I've read, at least some of these areas should get a 4g signal.

Is it something with my radio/ROM or is it just I have bad luck and the areas I was in just happen to not have service now?

Thanks for any input.
4g works fine with this rom so maybe you just had a little bad luck at the time.

Edit: On a side note, it sure is quiet in here. I wonder when the next omj release will be?

Last edited by themuffinman; 10-13-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
I'm still having delay issues with the Market. Anyone else having same issues. I try downloading and app and it never downloads. It just sits there with progress bar saying starting download. It never starts.

I got:
OMJ v3.5
Kings CFS#11

I'll try doing user profile update and PRL again but I've done it already... even those r not going through right away. I've had to restart my phone before the update actually goes through.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2010, 08:20 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I'm still having delay issues with the Market. Anyone else having same issues. I try downloading and app and it never downloads. It just sits there with progress bar saying starting download. It never starts.

I got:
OMJ v3.5
Kings CFS#11

I'll try doing user profile update and PRL again but I've done it already... even those r not going through right away. I've had to restart my phone before the update actually goes through.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
There are still a lot of reports of Market issues across ROMs.

Try logging into Gtalk and see if that helps, dunno why it works but it has helped a lot of users.

Edit: btw, if I get that issue I hit Cancel Download then Install and it goes.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 10-14-2010 at 08:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

frazy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to frazy

I had market issues before but they went away when i restarted the phone and wipe the cache i believe.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
Be careful when wiping you may best change recovery in rom manger to Aman ra 1.80 it wires cache and dalvik cache properly if changing roms some stuff can be left behind.
Thanks for the info...but still a little to new to Android to know what the heck that means yet lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
you guys use the actual facebook app? it seems so limited to me, I usually use the full internet site, sometimes the touch internet site & sometimes friendstream
Only thing I've noticed that some users might like is the fact that the actual app seems to have a camera link on almost all it's pages to lauch it and upload directly without having to go through the process of home, launch camera, home, launch gallery, then upload
Old 10-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

looking for the stock kernel that came with OMJ Rom.. i originally had it but flashed netarchy over it but not happy with bat life. it's a bit confusing out there with so many different kernels floating around and so many different stock variations ( at least i think there is)
could someone help....would like to keep OMJ rom but would like to go back to stock kernel.

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
looking for the stock kernel that came with OMJ Rom.. i originally had it but flashed netarchy over it but not happy with bat life. it's a bit confusing out there with so many different kernels floating around and so many different stock variations ( at least i think there is)
could someone help....would like to keep OMJ rom but would like to go back to stock kernel.

Thanks.
here is the kernel, another way that you have is wipe cache and dalvik then flash the rom again
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC-Kernel-#11-signed.zip (2.87 MB, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Life is a Burrito !!!!!

My EVO is full rooted with OMJ rom!!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
here is the kernel, another way that you have is wipe cache and dalvik then flash the rom again
sweet thanks for the quick reply! if i am doing a normal flash from Sd card should i be wipping anything before flashing the kernel?

Last edited by jamal33; 10-14-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
sweet thanks for the quick reply! if i am doing a normal flash from Sd card should i be wipping anything before flashing the kernel?
you can flash the kernel over the Netarchis one, but i always wipe cache and dalvik trying to get better results
Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

help anyone having a big problem my evo does not want to turn the network 3g icon on is stuck on turning on kind of faded but it never comes on is there a fix to get my internet back when i press power and hold it says my network is on but my 3g icon went mia lol then i check wireless connection and still turning on lol helppppppppp

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development