View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

I'll explain this one more time....

example 1: you are currently on v1.5 or below......flash ROM1

example 2: you are currently on v1.6(r) and did NOT flash whitslacks update/fix......flash ROM1.....even if you flashed the new radio & wimax, you still want ROM1, why us ask? I'll explain again.....there is more to update than just the radio & wimax, if u flashed whitslacks update/fix, you would have ALL these updates.

example 3: you are currently on v1.6 and DID flash whitslacks update/fix......flash ROM2

just to be clear, whitslacks update/fix actually has the stock unrooted ROM included, so if u flashed it & stayed on it, you are not running my ROM. if u flashed it, then flashed v1.6, you are good to go.

the only differences between v1.6 & v1.7 is I added quickboot, fixed the force close on wifi tether, and made sure the kernel was set for adb su.....if u fixed those things already, there is no need to update.

one last thing....on ROM1, even though the 7 apps I added are installed to system/app, because you're rooted, they can still be removed, you just wont have the option to uninstall in "manage apps". personally I've never removed an app from system/app but I imagine you need to mount system for writable, then delete the apk u dont want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by londawg314 View Post
the sprint hotspot apk won't install.. is there a trick to it? anyone have a recommendation for a good uninstall program? i want to remove advanced task killer free (since i paid for the full one) but can't seem to find a way to remove it. the free uninstall apps i found don't list it.
I forgot to give u the odex file, u probably need it. see attached, I deleted from system/app, that's where I would put them
Attached Files
File Type: zip WifiRouter.zip (166.9 KB, 52 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by OMJ; 07-13-2010 at 01:47 PM.