PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

DJMJ is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/25/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I did not build a v1.5 w/ the radio.....the version u have now is the version that came w/ the full root, you need to upgrade here follow the instructions, very easy, you do not have to wipe & wont lose your data
Noob question ---

If I download the latest radio with my phone, can I install with ROM Manager Premium?..or how do I update the radio within the phone with any of the apps included with OMJ v1.5?

Thanks!

+1 vote for keeping the ROM + newest radio option alive...

Last edited by DJMJ; 06-26-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
cool, I was looking for something like that....that was my biggest gripe is re-entering all the account settings for all my accounts.....now is it backing up the emails or just the account info?

thx bro
np, yup it backs up emails too.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMJ View Post
Noob question ---

If I download the latest radio with my phone, can I install with ROM Manager Premium?..or how do I update the radio within the phone with any of the apps included with OMJ v1.5?

Thanks!

+1 vote for keeping the ROM + newest radio option alive...
Yup, you can use ROM Manager to Install ROM from SD. You just select the radio zip as if it were a ROM. It never hurts to backup, but don't wipe just flash.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-27-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:23 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

any way to turn off ad blocking (So we can support our site)

Last edited by Laos101; 06-26-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/HTC EVO
Carrier: US Cellular/Sprint

ChadMichels is becoming a great contributor

Download link isn't working. Is it just me?

Sprint
HTC EVO
Old 06-26-2010, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D - OMJ's Custom ROM

crensmeyer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadMichels View Post
Download link isn't working. Is it just me?
I just dl'd it with no problems. Took a few minutes, but it came across fine.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor
Exclamation Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/25/10*

Ok, I am having a MAJOR ISSUE. I'll probably re-post tomorrow morning, because I need help. I downloaded the new ROM using ROM Manager. Then I cleared off the storage using clockwork, and flashed the new ROM from the phone. The market was broken, and Titanium wasn't working. Then I tried re-wiping so that I could restore my backup, and from clockwork it said that the backup was having an error. Now I can't get out of the fastboot screen. When I hit reboot, the phone boots into fastboot... Can someone please help?
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 06-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Ok, I am having a MAJOR ISSUE. I'll probably re-post tomorrow morning, because I need help. I downloaded the new ROM using ROM Manager. Then I cleared off the storage using clockwork, and flashed the new ROM from the phone. The market was broken, and Titanium wasn't working. Then I tried re-wiping so that I could restore my backup, and from clockwork it said that the backup was having an error. Now I can't get out of the fastboot screen. When I hit reboot, the phone boots into fastboot... Can someone please help?
Not sure, based on your post how you got to Fastboot?
What happens when you select Bootloader or Reboot Bootloader? They should bring you back to the previous menu so you can select Recovery.
What about selecting Power Down and then manually boot into Bootloader?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:54 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
personally I dont use rom mgr to flash, but I include it for convenience. I would start from scratch....power off, hold down vol - & power to get into bootloader, then choose recovery, wipe, flash from sd.....once you're back up in android, you can try to follow my steps to restore data.img
Old 06-27-2010, 09:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Mule is a n00b

Quote:
personally I dont use rom mgr to flash, but I include it for convenience. I would start from scratch....power off, hold down vol - & power to get into bootloader, then choose recovery, wipe, flash from sd.....once you're back up in android, you can try to follow my steps to restore data.img
I used the phone not rom mgr also. I booted to recovery, ran a Nand backup, then flashed from SD card. No wipes of anykind.

upgraded from 1.3 to 1.5 and did NOT need my backup - everything came up just fine and in the 1.5 version, that includes a gmail and bellsouth mail account, and all my contact info.

Thanks OMJ - this is a solid ROM - cant wait for you to put out a Froyo version

I been on Android for two weeks and love it - my Winmo unit works flawlessly as a paperweight.

Mule

Last edited by Mule; 06-27-2010 at 09:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development