PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/8/10*

i keep gettin a com.andriod.phone error when i try n make/receive a call. help !!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172

well i bit the bullet and rooted and installed this rom today- i told myself i would wait until everything was figured out with bugs and such but couldnt leave you omj
1 thing, this rom is missing the (google) Navigation link. Navigator is there and it gets the job done, but i like a link to navigation on my home screen just because it's a bit faster to get to the navigation app than navigator. just thought i'd let you know! i also have a few questions:

with custom roms are chefs able to push ota updates?
whenever there is an update am i going to have to go through the whole flashing process again, and what backup options are available to back up my programs/settings? i discovered tonight that even though i only had the phone for 4 days, i somehow managed to have an insane amount of programs and settings loaded.

Thank you again for doing what you do for this community
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
i keep gettin a com.andriod.phone error when i try n make/receive a call. help !!!!!!!
I would wipe all the caches and do a factory reset, which would keep you on OMJ's and see how that works. I am using OMJ's with 0 problems.

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/8/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
I would wipe all the caches and do a factory reset, which would keep you on OMJ's and see how that works. I am using OMJ's with 0 problems.
Quick question my friend.

When I am in recovery, what does wiping to "cache" do? Not the Dalvik-cache or all user data.

Also, what does the wipe Battery stats do? And rotate stats?

Thanks!
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 06-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintb View Post
Quick question my friend.

When I am in recovery, what does wiping to "cache" do? Not the Dalvik-cache or all user data.

Also, what does the wipe Battery stats do? And rotate stats?

Thanks!
Wipe data/factory reset - Deletes the entire contents of the data partition (mounted as /data) - same as the factory reset option from within the phone's settings.
This will remove all user-installed applications (if you're NOT using A2SD) and settings, and reset all configuration to ROM defaults.

Wipe dalvik-cache - Deletes the /data/dalvik-cache folder (Will also be done as result of "Wipe data")

Wipe SD:ext partition - Wipes the ext partition on the SD card (mounted at /system/sd) - This is where user-installed apps will be if you are using A2SD, which you probably will be. If you do a "wipe data" then apps installed on the SD will remain afterwards but the configuration for the apps will be erased.

Wipe battery stats - Deletes power usage logs in /data/system/ (also done as result of "Wipe data")

I dont know what the wiping cache does exactly
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/8/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
Wipe data/factory reset - Deletes the entire contents of the data partition (mounted as /data) - same as the factory reset option from within the phone's settings.
This will remove all user-installed applications (if you're NOT using A2SD) and settings, and reset all configuration to ROM defaults.

Wipe dalvik-cache - Deletes the /data/dalvik-cache folder (Will also be done as result of "Wipe data")

Wipe SD:ext partition - Wipes the ext partition on the SD card (mounted at /system/sd) - This is where user-installed apps will be if you are using A2SD, which you probably will be. If you do a "wipe data" then apps installed on the SD will remain afterwards but the configuration for the apps will be erased.

Wipe battery stats - Deletes power usage logs in /data/system/ (also done as result of "Wipe data")

I dont know what the wiping cache does exactly
Thanks for that info! I stickied that post!

Well what are the benefits of preforming each "Wipe"?
And why do we have to do it twice?

Thank you!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgt View Post
I had the Fring closing issues but after I went to the market and did an uninstall then re-installed it works fine now.
I was having the same issue.
I un-installed and re-installed now it works fine.

I'm not familiar w/ Fring. I thought when I tried it the other day there was an option to call someone on Fring using video, but now when I did it I had to use skype.

Last edited by FastRX8; 06-09-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

just reflashed... wiped everything over n so far all good !!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
just reflashed... wiped everything over n so far all good !!
Kick a**, thats good news!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!! Thanks OMJ/toast/FastRX8 I am up and running my first 'Droid ROM

This community is awesome, I went from clueless to slightly-less-than-clueless in just a couple of days
Off to play!! Thanks again Chef!

Not that we need another confirmation but yes, uninstall/reinstall if fring is on the fritz for you.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development