View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Konfuzion
Halfway to VIP Status

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/8/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintb View Post
Quick question my friend.

When I am in recovery, what does wiping to "cache" do? Not the Dalvik-cache or all user data.

Also, what does the wipe Battery stats do? And rotate stats?

Thanks!
Wipe data/factory reset - Deletes the entire contents of the data partition (mounted as /data) - same as the factory reset option from within the phone's settings.
This will remove all user-installed applications (if you're NOT using A2SD) and settings, and reset all configuration to ROM defaults.

Wipe dalvik-cache - Deletes the /data/dalvik-cache folder (Will also be done as result of "Wipe data")

Wipe SD:ext partition - Wipes the ext partition on the SD card (mounted at /system/sd) - This is where user-installed apps will be if you are using A2SD, which you probably will be. If you do a "wipe data" then apps installed on the SD will remain afterwards but the configuration for the apps will be erased.

Wipe battery stats - Deletes power usage logs in /data/system/ (also done as result of "Wipe data")

I dont know what the wiping cache does exactly

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
This post has been thanked 5 times.