View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 04:13 AM
twilk
Regular 'Geeker

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/25/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I honestly dont know ALL the options available in Titanium backup, I'm still exploring. However for one example if you backup [SMS/MMS PREFS] Messages 1.00
it will save your SMS settings (well, at least Ringtone-that's what I tested it with).
There are a ton of options in there.
When you go to restore your backed up app it will ask if you want to restore the app, the data (if the app is already included in the ROM I 'spose) or App+Data. Again, I cant guarantee it will save every setting for every app but it works really well for me. It did save high scores from a simple bowling game fwiw.

ROM Manager is good. You need to be fully rooted-I think you are. Even if you manually enter bootloader/Recovery Clockworkmod is now the default Recovery.
If you select Install ROM from SD for example it will prompt you to 1)backup your current ROM and 2) wipe data and cache.
I'm thorough though and I used it to Reboot into Recovery so I could factory reset 2X. There is an option to wipe Dalvik cache as well but I'm not positive it did it-it went too quick. My v1.5 installed fine though.
I am fully rooted with nand back up and all. I did it the hard way.. it took forever considering it was my first time. The only thing I did diffrent was instead of using the PC I used a terminal emulator which I see is now an option. Also from what I read you want to wipe delvik and the others twice just to make sure. I am anal too and thats pretty much why I went the hard road when rooting and flash. lol my next big step is re flashing a new rom. So I can pretty much get into the habbit of flashing when ever I want. The hurdel that I am facing though is I need to figure out how to back everything up because once I am done flashing and what not I dont want to spend an hour or two tweaking my phone so that not only has a new rom but is set to my personal prefrences lol. I am anal I pretty much go through all the apps and set the up even the ones I wont use. This pays off sometimes though because I catch things early like the google talk tweak. I set that to not auto sign in as well as other things I use. My battery life hasnt ever really been an issue and I can probably contribute it to my anal retentive ness to setting everyting up even if not using it. I dont use ATK or anything like that and I do moderaly use my phone all day. Basicly I randomly search, text, email use the phone and pretty much play around with the phone some because its still new to me and im still learnign the android wave.

Sorry its late here and I seem to be really going off topic.