PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

wcoast1973 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

UPDATE: I simply wiped and then did a nandroid restore of my OMJ 1.6 backup and 4G worked. I didn't need to re-do any of the steps after doing the restore.

As reported by a number of others, I have managed to fix my 4G issues by following the steps under 4G Info!!!". Now I am restoring my OMJ 1.6 image, then will see what steps I need to re-do to get it working outside of DC.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...83&postcount=2

Last edited by wcoast1973; 07-05-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
np, happy to help.
Dunno if that MAC verification is sound?
You could ASSUME the MAC is ok and then proceed. If it works, you're golden. If it doesnt you'd have the mac question hanging over your head.
Arright bro, sorry for the delayed response. Did the entire "start over" thing found at the link you provided. I used Titanium Backup to back everything up. After following the directions on that link, I started in recover, double wiped, ran OMJ's 1.6 (NOT 1.6r) - ran titanium backup to restore, rebooted, and I was golden. For some reason, titanium backup doesnt backup my GMail accounts (certainly does my mail really well).

Hope this helps others restore their 4G (even though I now have it...i still don't use it...drains the heck out of my battery)

Thanks Winonewbie and OMJ for making my HTC run smoothly.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
Arright bro, sorry for the delayed response. Did the entire "start over" thing found at the link you provided. I used Titanium Backup to back everything up. After following the directions on that link, I started in recover, double wiped, ran OMJ's 1.6 (NOT 1.6r) - ran titanium backup to restore, rebooted, and I was golden. For some reason, titanium backup doesnt backup my GMail accounts (certainly does my mail really well).

Hope this helps others restore their 4G (even though I now have it...i still don't use it...drains the heck out of my battery)

Thanks Winonewbie and OMJ for making my HTC run smoothly.
Schweet! Glad you got it.
BUT ALL the thanks goes to OMJ!!!
He's the one doing all the work.
I'm just in here helping out.

What setting did you use in Titanium? It has separate Gmail and non-gmail settings. I use Mail 2.0 to back up all my email accounts that I enter manually (one of them is a gmail account but not the one linked to the phone).
There is also Gmail 1.3 and Gmail Storage 2.1 in Ti Backup.
I dont use it since once I log in with the gmail account that is linked to the phone, all my messages come in.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

rlmurray is just getting started

Quote:
I responded in FastRX8's thread. Did you try the XDA fix for SD/USB issues linked in my sig?

It has not been consistent. I dont have 4G but one user said they rebooted, updated their PRL (rebooted again?) and got 4G to go. You tried the NEW wimax update posted by OMJ, not Calk's, right?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=938
I started from scratch and did toasts 1 and 2 method, I then applied the 1.6r rom from OMJ, thanks again OMJ! I then flashed the new wimax update twice went to work where we can get 4g and no dice. Got home later that evening and flashed the Neotelos radio at least 4 times, went to work the next morning and I had 4g without doubt..
I have since did a nandroid backup and got a 99$ 32 gig microsd card from amazon. At this point with all the good fortune I will wait for OMJ's froyo rom when it is avaiable and will not get involved with any new ROMS till then!!!
One thing. I thought I lost root but can download root applications and get promptd by superuser for root access, however when a go into adb shell it type su and it says i don't have permission. Not sure wth is going on here.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ruckstande is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmurray View Post
I thought I lost root but can download root applications and get promptd by superuser for root access, however when a go into adb shell it type su and it says i don't have permission. Not sure wth is going on here.

Ditto.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmurray View Post
I started from scratch and did toasts 1 and 2 method, I then applied the 1.6r rom from OMJ, thanks again OMJ! I then flashed the new wimax update twice went to work where we can get 4g and no dice. Got home later that evening and flashed the Neotelos radio at least 4 times, went to work the next morning and I had 4g without doubt..
I have since did a nandroid backup and got a 99$ 32 gig microsd card from amazon. At this point with all the good fortune I will wait for OMJ's froyo rom when it is avaiable and will not get involved with any new ROMS till then!!!
One thing. I thought I lost root but can download root applications and get promptd by superuser for root access, however when a go into adb shell it type su and it says i don't have permission. Not sure wth is going on here.

For Super User are you clicking Allow on your phone after you type su?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckstande View Post
Ditto.
Ditto

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-05-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

Thanks buddy im new on Android and no relly good doing all that things on adb way, so i will be waiting for the new rom that got the new OTA and also got 4g running
Old 07-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
Thanks buddy im new on Android and no relly good doing all that things on adb way, so i will be waiting for the new rom that got the new OTA and also got 4g running
Not sure who or what you are directing your post at but if your are unsure then it's best not to go experimenting in areas your not familiar with.

That being said-you were able to obtain root so we know you got some smarts
The updated Start Over method does not use adb at all-the original one didnt either. Now whitslack simplified it even further into basically one step, it's just rooting your phone again.
OMJ will have 4G fixed soon but if you can wait at least read the thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715915
IMHO if you are going to be involved in custom ROMS and having root access it will only help you to have even just a basic understanding of adb (among other tools of the SDK)

Start here http://developer.android.com/guide/d...tools/adb.html
then go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532719
and here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=517874

This is by no means required but it'll only help. Of course even after studying you should never do anything you're not 100% sure of.

Happy reading
Old 07-05-2010, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Schweet! Glad you got it.
BUT ALL the thanks goes to OMJ!!!
He's the one doing all the work.
I'm just in here helping out.

What setting did you use in Titanium? It has separate Gmail and non-gmail settings. I use Mail 2.0 to back up all my email accounts that I enter manually (one of them is a gmail account but not the one linked to the phone).
There is also Gmail 1.3 and Gmail Storage 2.1 in Ti Backup.
I dont use it since once I log in with the gmail account that is linked to the phone, all my messages come in.
well i use the gmail app thats in the phone. Then i use mail for all my other email addresses. Whenever I'm about to update, I delete my old backup, reboot, then Backup/Restore --> Menu --> Batch --> RUNBackup all user apps + system data. Then whenever I wanna restore (after a fresh double wipe and flash) RUN restore all apps with data
Old 07-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
well i use the gmail app thats in the phone. Then i use mail for all my other email addresses. Whenever I'm about to update, I delete my old backup, reboot, then Backup/Restore --> Menu --> Batch --> RUNBackup all user apps + system data. Then whenever I wanna restore (after a fresh double wipe and flash) RUN restore all apps with data
Before you hit Run the Batch Operation scroll through down to where Gmail is and make sure the Gmail settings are checked.
If they are then I dont know why they are not being restored upon the new flash
I will say that for me Mail 2.00 does NOT get restored via the batch operation.
I just restore all the rest and then go and restore Mail manually. Works fine then.
That may work for you for Gmail.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development