PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.0 | FroYo | *Updated | 7/31/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler911 View Post
Before I Flash this new rom does this have the awesome Froyo keyboard not the stock one. If not where can it be found? Because i cant stand the keyboard on ava's froyo rom.
The keyboard looks the same as 2.1. Google can't find an apk
Either this build isnt final or that kb never made it into the final build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
I'm currently on Damage Control 3.2.3 so can i just flash this without changing the radio or wimax...or if I do have to change it back, which are the correct radios and wimax for damage control???
You can flash without the upgrades if you are just going to test but if you are going to get the full functionality out of the ROM then you should upgrade the radio and wimax. Not sure what radios DC is using, you can look under Software info in Setting to grab radio and type
wimax_mtd
in adb shell to see your wimax version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busventinc View Post
I would love that blue theme you had for 1.9 on 2.2 as always OMJ great roms thanks for the hard work
The ROM is not currently deodexed and it's been reported that konikub said he would have to tweak his themes for Froyo. Stay tuned...
Old 07-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I can upload the newest ones
Please upload the new sprint app pack.. Thanks.. I'll be dling your ROM in a bit..
Old 07-31-2010, 10:26 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt8750 View Post
Great ROM but I just have one request. Is there anyway we can get the stock froyo lock screen for this ROM? I really hate the one that Sense uses. I find it rather dopey looking.
Yes we can
vanilla.jpg

All you have to do is delete htclockscreen.apk from /system/app

One small glitch though-you wont be able to turn off your alarm clock.
The easiest solution is to intall a 3rd party alarm clock and you should be golden.
(I tried to install the deskclock.apk from 2.1 posted on geekforme but it wouldnt install)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
i like sprint navigation
I like hot chicks
Oh, we weren't just listing stuff we like?
Sprint nav and other apk that were removed from 2.1 are available for DL in Post #1. OMJ said he'd put up the ones he yanked from Froyo but afaik Nav is unchanged. I installed the 2.1 version (Nav 2.8 ) and it appears to work fine in Froyo. I got prompted for a "new version" but when I accepted all that was available for HTC devices was v2.8 (the same one I already installed) I selected "Remind me later" and just loaded the app. Didnt drive with it but it did give me a route to an address I inputed.
EDIT:Oops, he DID upload them
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=2007
Thanks for the reminder richarc

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-31-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Anyone's dialer force closing when holding down number 2 for sprint customer service?
Old 07-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ekt8750 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Yes we can
Attachment 75180

All you have to do is delete htclockscreen.apk from /system/app

One small glitch though-you wont be able to turn off your alarm clock.
The easiest solution is to intall a 3rd party alarm clock and you should be golden.
Sweet, thanks! I already use an awesome desk clock/alarm app called Kaloer Clock so life is good there. I can't even tell you how much I loathed the Sense lock screen.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
Here are the Sprint APKs from the latest update...

Sprint APKs

yeah, I think that would work....I'd do a nand backup on each of them just in case...

somebody will reverse engineer it
Thank you for these..
Do you know if the Sprint TV Widget is in this pack. I had the old version and I couldn't find the widget for Sprint TV.

Thanks Again... I'm finishing up the d/ls now.. Can't wait to install Froyo..
Old 07-31-2010, 10:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
You flash it the same way you do any other .zip from/through recovery there is no need to wipe before flashing the wifi fix, at least I didn't and I am having no issues...

Besides apps (some) that are hiding on the market if anyone has a solution let me know thanks???

I haven't flashed froyo yet but I'm going to in the next few minutes.. I'm just reading all the posts that have come in since last nite... My last post was on page 197... Now there are over 209 pages.. WOW, Froyo is bring people out of the woodwork with questions... NIiiicCcccEeee... Great Job OMj on the ROM coming out sooooo Quickly..

Ok, back to my suggestion with the Market issue. I had similar problem under 2.1. What I did was went to Manage Application and "Clear Cache" I then reboot and when I tried market again it worked. All apps were showing up. Give it a try it might work... I'll follow up once I install froyo..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS AND SPRINT

fearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Anyone's dialer force closing when holding down number 2 for sprint customer service?
yes... i downloaded goggle voice and to test it i pressed 2 talk and all hell broke loose
Old 07-31-2010, 11:06 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Yup, here too. Weird....
Old 07-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Yep connected to my home network and wireless tether is even working. Just trying to get rid of the crappy ads now.

You got wireless tether working.. WOW.. The past few pages NObody had it working.. Did you do anything different.
Please confirm the a device can connect to your hot spot.

Thanks..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development