PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 11:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.0 | FroYo | *Updated | 7/31/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
i like sprint navigation
Google Navigation is better tho
Old 07-31-2010, 11:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
so this rom is Froyo 2.2? once i install this ill have froyo?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
The keyboard looks the same as 2.1. Google can't find an apk
Either this build isnt final or that kb never made it into the final build.

You can flash without the upgrades if you are just going to test but if you are going to get the full functionality out of the ROM then you should upgrade the radio and wimax. Not sure what radios DC is using, you can look under Software info in Setting to grab radio and type
wimax_mtd
in adb shell to see your wimax version.

The ROM is not currently deodexed and it's been reported that konikub said he would have to tweak his themes for Froyo. Stay tuned...

OMJ's v1.7 ROM1 was a Full FLASH ROm I think.. If v2.0 doesn't go well after the radio upgrades, will flashing v1.7 (PC36IMG.zip) bring everything back to 2.1 including the radios?
Old 07-31-2010, 11:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedawg View Post
Yup me too. All my downloads gone was little disappointed bout that. THen the only purchased app that shows up in my downloads is Xtralogic remote desktop. Slingplayer doesnt show up at all and I cant even search and find it just says nothing is found. From somre reading ive been doing it something to do with google not provisioning this phone and rom combo yet so their filter settings wont allow us to see these apps. I dont really understand it that well but thats what ive gathered from some posts on the andorid forums. Hopefully this issue will be resolved sooner than later.

Thanks OMJ rom is pretty awsome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I haven't flashed froyo yet but I'm going to in the next few minutes.. I'm just reading all the posts that have come in since last nite... My last post was on page 197... Now there are over 209 pages.. WOW, Froyo is bring people out of the woodwork with questions... NIiiicCcccEeee... Great Job OMj on the ROM coming out sooooo Quickly..

Ok, back to my suggestion with the Market issue. I had similar problem under 2.1. What I did was went to Manage Application and "Clear Cache" I then reboot and when I tried market again it worked. All apps were showing up. Give it a try it might work... I'll follow up once I install froyo..
I think leedawg nailed it but I tried to clear cache and reboot anyway and it was a no go. Used Flight Track Pro that someone was looking for earlier as a test.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
OMJ's v1.7 ROM1 was a Full FLASH ROm I think.. If v2.0 doesn't go well after the radio upgrades, will flashing v1.7 (PC36IMG.zip) bring everything back to 2.1 including the radios?
Yes, but you'll lose whatever setting changes, app installations, etc you've made since flashing 1.7 ROM1.
I would do a nand of the ROM you are on now and then if you need to go back just reflash the radio and wimax.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint/HTC EVO 4G

rizzomach is keeping up the good workrizzomach is keeping up the good work

I am running this rom is there a fix for the wifi tether?

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=9499163

CHECK OUT MY SITE FOR APPS........http://evoapps.webs.com/
Old 07-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzomach View Post
I am running this rom is there a fix for the wifi tether?

What really goes on around here sometimes?
Old 07-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I think leedawg nailed it but I tried to clear cache and reboot anyway and it was a no go. Used Flight Track Pro that someone was looking for earlier as a test.
Dude, you are a true TEST PILOT... Damn... You're just balls to the walls on testing everything out... Have you bricked a phone yet... Cuz that's my fear.. Actually, I should be fearless cuz I have the GEEK SQUAD 2 year plan on my phones. Only problem is that there isn't a BEst Buy in town that has an EVO in stock.. they are flying off the shelves.. EVO is Awesome..
Old 07-31-2010, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Yes, but you'll lose whatever setting changes, app installations, etc you've made since flashing 1.7 ROM1.
I would do a nand of the ROM you are on now and then if you need to go back just reflash the radio and wimax.
I gotta make sure I have the radio and wimax for v1.8.. I think I have them somewhere around my files..

I asked this on page 197 or 196 but since I've been catching up on all the chatter (Great chatter BTW...) using my data.img from a nand backup of 2.1 (OMJ v1.? Will it work after I install 2.2???? I've read some guys got all their stuff back. Someone posted only wiping dalvik cache and cache twice and everything was their once he flashed 2.2?

Any confirmations on that.. I really HATE having to reinstall All my stuff again..
Old 07-31-2010, 11:36 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Dude, you are a true TEST PILOT... Damn... You're just balls to the walls on testing everything out... Have you bricked a phone yet... Cuz that's my fear.. Actually, I should be fearless cuz I have the GEEK SQUAD 2 year plan on my phones. Only problem is that there isn't a BEst Buy in town that has an EVO in stock.. they are flying off the shelves.. EVO is Awesome..
LOL. Thanks. It's a combo of a love of learing (and passing it on) and tweaking that does it. Through TONS of mods to my TP and now with the Evo, no, no bricks [knocks on wood]
I posted earlier that I did get a wee bit of sweat on my upper lip this AM when I applied a theme from 2.1 to Froyo. She wouldnt boot and wiping wasnt enough, had to reinstall the ROM. I really should've known better as the ROM was not deodexed but I HAD to know
Honestly these phones are hard to BRICK (but not impossible). Most errors are fixable. I DO know of a way but I promised to use my powers only for good
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development