PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 12:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM *beta*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
and the Sprint crap removed
Any chance of you putting up a .zip or .rar of the sprint .apk you remove?

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-08-2010, 02:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

i 2nd that !! theres a few (2) things i still use that sprint gives !!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:35 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
Any chance of you putting up a .zip or .rar of the sprint .apk you remove?
absolutely
Old 06-08-2010, 08:48 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

OMJ EVO 2.1 Eclair v1.2

DOWNLOAD

-added OTA updates
-added Wifi Tether 2.0.2 pre14
-added Fring
-added Titanium Backup
-added ConnectBot
-added Advanced Task Killer
-added Android Mate

-removed Sprint Nascar
-removed Sprint Navigation
-removed Sprint NFL
-removed Sprint Promotion (whatever that was)
-removed Sprint TV
-removed Sprint TV Widget

Here are all the above Sprint apps, if you want to install:

DOWNLOAD Sprint APPs

I thought flashing this ROM would also flash the updated radio, but it did not. Go HERE for instructions to update the radio.

This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:56 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

I have a suggestion on building the ROM. I think you are using the same kitchen I did which had an option to put certain apps in an alternate location that allows the user to uninstall them. I played around with that some and put the Sprint apps there which allowed me to uninstall them if I wanted after a reboot.

You could put the apps that some might want to uninstall there as well as any custom apps you add.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:00 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
I have a suggestion on building the ROM. I think you are using the same kitchen I did which had an option to put certain apps in an alternate location that allows the user to uninstall them. I played around with that some and put the Sprint apps there which allowed me to uninstall them if I wanted after a reboot.

You could put the apps that some might want to uninstall there as well as any custom apps you add.
yes....the apps that I added were placed in \data\app & can be uninstalled easily. Depending on the response on the Sprint apps being removed, I may put them there also, for easy removal.

thanks
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo w/ latest Fresh Rom

jeffhbo is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/8/10*

Could someone please tell me how to install applications to the SD card, rather that the internal memory? Im sorry if this question has already been answered. Thanks in advance!

Jeff
Old 06-08-2010, 10:13 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhbo View Post
Could someone please tell me how to install applications to the SD card, rather that the internal memory? Im sorry if this question has already been answered. Thanks in advance!

Jeff
I don't think its possible yet , I haven't got it to work yet
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo w/ latest Fresh Rom

jeffhbo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I don't think its possible yet , I haven't got it to work yet
Ahh i see, that makes sense cause i have tried everything i could think of...thank you for the quick reply. Great job on the rom by the way. Thanks for all the hard work.

Jeff
Old 06-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhbo View Post

Jeff
With the hero you would use a progam called app2sd but I guess that doesnt work on the evo yet. That said the Evo has a ton of internal memory and the apps for the most part are very small.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development