PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.8 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/18/10*

what and which way is the correct way to install a kernel on the 1.8D ROM?
my questio may have been miss earlier due to individual trying to locate the 1.7OTA upgrade from 1.6, I think i have a copy of it, but I rename it so I have to determine it from Chris owned he posted....
Old 07-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Almost a VIP

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

right now i the 1.7 cannot be located i think the whitslack fix is the next best thing, it is just now a rom but the 1.47 radio and wimax IMG. UPGRADE
Old 07-22-2010, 07:10 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

links fixed in post 1
Old 07-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
what and which way is the correct way to install a kernel on the 1.8D ROM?
my questio may have been miss earlier due to individual trying to locate the 1.7OTA upgrade from 1.6, I think i have a copy of it, but I rename it so I have to determine it from Chris owned he posted....
The correct way to flash a kernal...well the way I did it is to wipe cache and davlik cache then flash the kernal from your sd card just like a ROM. thats it. (I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
links fixed in post 1

Last edited by TREmp77; 07-22-2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: I misunderstood a previous post.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Almost a VIP

No was not for me TRE, just was helping the other guy saying that he can't find it so I mention the alternative.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Any way to go from 1.34 pri to 1.40 with omj
Old 07-22-2010, 09:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I didnt touch Sense, it's running in the screenshots. The mods I listed do nothing to Sense either.
**Small annoyance-my battery icon has been replaced with the hearing aid icon when unplugged. No biggie IMO**
Did the fact that I removed the clock from the Home screen make you think it was disabled?
Clocks are cool but pointless IMO due to the taskbar clock so I usually run without one.
yeah i thought sense was gone cuz i didnt see the clock my bad

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 07-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
yeah i thought sense was gone cuz i didnt see the clock my bad
No worries Bro. Check this out

This is konikub's EnamoRED theme. FULL Theme!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720941
Links to all of his other themes are at the bottom of Post #1.
He will say if it's for a specific ROM but most of his themes say they should work on any Sense based ROM with the latest OTA.
LOL I dl's about six of his themes, going to take them all for spin.
He includes some wallpapers too.
Nand backup first then flash yer brains out

EDIT:I didnt wipe, just flashed right over the top of the 1.8D ROM

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-22-2010 at 10:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

DumbAssEvo is a n00b

Can someone please clarify this HBOOT question for me?

Is it necessary to run hboot .76.2

Will flashing rom1 make my hboot .76.2?

I have tried to get my hboot to .76.2 but when I Rename the file "PC36IMG.zip" --> "root-PC36IMG.zip" and then rename "eng-PC36IMG.zip" --> "PC36IMG.zip"

It reads the file but it never ask me to UPDATE.

This is after I successfully run all the dos commands.

The directions I have been following are Section 2 Version 2 - Using the PC - from this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714
Old 07-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

looks good Winmo. I know you said you didnt wipe but when you do wipe when applying a theme, do you wipe cache only? just curious. Thanks

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development