View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 03:23 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
Total Android Newbie, so please bear with me. 1st. Is there a way for me to go from OMJ 1.3 to OMJ 1.4 without losing all my settings or being able to recover my settings (email, apps etc)? 2nd, Does the Android Markeplace remember my purchases so that after the new ROM is installed, I can get my apps back without having to repurchase them?

Thanks in advance,

Tp
You can techncially just ROM Jump from one to the other but everything I've read says you should wipe data first to reduce the chance of you having issues.
Look at Titanium Backup in OMJ's ROM it has a ton of options for backing up your settings including your Sense UI options.
Apps you PAID for are remembered by the Market, free ones are not but you can use TiBackup to back up all your apps.
EDIT:Free apps *may* be remembered by the Market, not sure about the criteria, it may have to do with how recently you downloaded the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjporzio View Post
is anyone else having a problem downloading the new version of the ROM. Mine gets to between 95-99% and then stalls out. I tried downloading it with MS explorer and with chrome. No success either way.

Update: I just tried downloading it again and now it is asking me for a ftp username and password to log in. I tried my ppcgeeks login and password and no luck.
I just tried it and while I didnt let it run all the way the DL started no problem.
I'm using W7 and Chrome.
You could try clearing cookies and cache and rebooting your PC if it still wont go.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-19-2010 at 11:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.