PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 04:06 AM
dLo
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dLo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/10/10*

can't find HTC Sync... everytime i try to sync to get my contacts it says it cant read. is there a fix that i dont know of or is this a known issue?
Old 06-12-2010, 06:04 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dLo View Post
can't find HTC Sync... everytime i try to sync to get my contacts it says it cant read. is there a fix that i dont know of or is this a known issue?
HTC Sync setup file for the pc is on the sdcard that came w/ the phone and there is a newer online at HTC. If you're having trouble connecting, I would;
1- Uninstall HTC Sync
2- Reinstall HTC Sync
3- Reboot the pc

I've had several issues w/ connecting after I install a new rom. A reinstall and/or reboot fixes it.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

OK OMJ I used your ROMs a ton on my Diamond glad to see you over here in the Android/EVO crowed this thing rocks. Now I'm going to install your rom and hope that Wifi tethering works and all my dreams will come true. So any bets on how long its going to take Sprint to kill this ability lol........well they never did it on my diamond or hero so everyone lets pray.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work

any idea why this new rom wont see my ringtones folder on my sd card and the other versions have? Im using the rom manager way and i did a factory data reset then installed, do i need to wipe cache as well?

edit: rebooted and fine. sorry. I have used 3 roms since yesterday and i went back to yours. Works the best out of the box in my opinion
Old 06-12-2010, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

I take everthing bad I said in my last post back. This awesome everything I need works perfectly including WiFi Tethering in 4G the speed increase for my Slingbox is incredible now to find someone that can help me fix my connection settings on my slingbox so it will stop disconnecting
Old 06-12-2010, 12:41 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post

I thought I read somewhere that the pay version of Rom Manager allows you to download directly to the SD Card and if you're a chef, all you have to do is inform the Rom Manager developers where the link is for them to add you. They don't charge the chef. They want more roms on their list so more people will pay for the feature of downloading directly.
very interesting, I will need to check into this

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post

I have used 3 roms since yesterday and i went back to yours. Works the best out of the box in my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
I take everthing bad I said in my last post back. This awesome everything I need works perfectly including WiFi Tethering in 4G the speed increase for my Slingbox is incredible now to find someone that can help me fix my connection settings on my slingbox so it will stop disconnecting
glad ya'll are enjoying the ROM
Old 06-12-2010, 12:43 PM
dLo
N00b

dLo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
HTC Sync setup file for the pc is on the sdcard that came w/ the phone and there is a newer online at HTC. If you're having trouble connecting, I would;
1- Uninstall HTC Sync
2- Reinstall HTC Sync
3- Reboot the pc

I've had several issues w/ connecting after I install a new rom. A reinstall and/or reboot fixes it.
yea i turned off my PC last night and kept my phone plugged into the pc... when i woke up i turned my PC on went to go smoke and returned to see it was synced... so at least it was an easy fix!!!!

Also i was wondering if OMJ would be willing to take some extra bloatware off. I like the rom so far except i dont need the Amazon MP3 app or the qik app Friend stream.... if theres a way to get these off and deleted let me know. Keep up the good work

p.s. - Anyone hear word on a flip clock yet>?
Old 06-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
very interesting, I will need to check into this
Here is the info regarding getting the ROM added.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Troyicus is just getting started

I just wanted to say thank you for an awesome custom rom OMJ. My battery now is not dying in 4 hours due to being able to turn off applications that are not needed. I am really enjoying this phone.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:02 PM
N00b

consiglere is a n00b
Help

Flashed to this ROM but for some reason, when I reboot, I'm stuck in "Sprint 4G" splash screen. It's just doing a continually loop

Edit: Problem fixed. I wiped the factory reset again along with the Dalvik-cache

Last edited by consiglere; 06-12-2010 at 03:30 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development