PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 05:52 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/8/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZ*BabysH View Post
OMJ, you fricken rock thank you for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post

On a side note, OMJ you rock bro! Thanks for making your add-ons uninstallable. This rom is smooth and everything works great! I'm not a wifi-tetherer, so i haven't tried yet, but this is a win bro. I couldn't see anything more necessary until overclocking is released! A1 bro.

Cant wait to see whats next
Quote:
Originally Posted by seebeexee View Post
OMJ, just wanted to thank you for this sweet ROM. It's as smooth as butter, but without the fat (Sprint stuff). You have made my transition to my first Android-based phone from a long line of Windows Mobile phones a smooth and pleasant one. Thanks!
thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
Soooo can someone with the rom tell me how much storage space is available after the flash? My problem is I blew my phone out with cool apps and stuff and since we can't install them to the sd card yet, I need as much space as I can get.
I'll be testing a new update tonight, I'll let ya know....currently it says I have 374 mb available on Internal storage, but I also have a few apps added

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5harkology View Post
Fring keeps FC on me. Anyone else have this issue?
not sure why fring keeps having issues when cooked in, but I'll be removing from the ROM since it needs to be re-installed anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I thought with this rom we'd be able to uninstall things we didn't want. I tried to remove Qik but i dont see an uninstall option.
only these apps...

-added Fring
-added Titanium Backup
-added ConnectBot
-added Advanced Task Killer
-added Android Mate

you have 2 other options....

1) remove the apks in System/app in the .zip b4 flashing
2) read what syanni85 suggested... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=274
Old 06-10-2010, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

wooten409 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to wooten409

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRepinsSporx View Post
I tried doing that but it never finds my Evo. Im using windows 7 32bit. I hit update and it says Error 155 Unknown error.
The Rom Update utility cannot update your Android phone.
Please get the correct ROM update Utility and try again.

Then it trys to show me how to recover it but it doesnt work.

It does however detect the rom version but then it trys to procceed and thats when i get the error. So i does see it at first anyways.
Im having the exact same problem!!! I need to unroot and return like right now too! Cant find a solution anywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Did you see OMJ's post in the thread?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=56
Check it.
Just learning myself, got myself up and running but as for troubleshooting I gotta bow out and leave it to the pros....
I tried this as well and its a no go.

Last edited by wooten409; 06-10-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten409 View Post
Im having the exact same problem!!! I need to unroot and return like right now too! Cant find a solution anywhere!

I tried this as well and its a no go.

Downgrade back to Stock thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124158

Thanks to FastRX8 for turning me on to this.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-10-2010 at 07:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wooten409 is a n00b

Quote:

Ok ive tried this also and now it gets stuck on the screen with nothing but a Silver HTC logo and then it gives a error.. Im going to try the zip file that was included in the thread and get back to u guys
Old 06-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I'll be testing a new update tonight, I'll let ya know....currently it says I have 374 mb available on Internal storage, but I also have a few apps added
Need a tester?

I'm about to start a new video for youtube. I'm downgrading my phone to stock pre-OTA version, then I'm going to root/backup/recover/flash all on the same video so I can have a end to end video w/ every step, including how to downgrade. Plus it will include the Auto-recovery method so I thought I'd throw in the latest OMJ version too. (If you need a tester that is )
Old 06-10-2010, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wooten409 is a n00b

Quote:

Quote:
Ok ive tried this also and now it gets stuck on the screen with nothing but a Silver HTC logo and then it gives a error.. Im going to try the zip file that was included in the thread and get back to u guys
Still a no go.. I think Ima try my luck and go to best buy and get my new phone. They're supposed to be giving me a replacement so I was trying to unroot it but seeing as I cant find a solution then I wont bother
Old 06-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Need a tester?

Quote:
I'm about to start a new video for youtube. I'm downgrading my phone to stock pre-OTA version, then I'm going to root/backup/recover/flash all on the same video so I can have a end to end video w/ every step, including how to downgrade. Plus it will include the Auto-recovery method so I thought I'd throw in the latest OMJ version too. (If you need a tester that is )
Ok, Ok calm down Mr Speilberg
Thanks Bro.

Quote:
Still a no go.. I think Ima try my luck and go to best buy and get my new phone. They're supposed to be giving me a replacement so I was trying to unroot it but seeing as I cant find a solution then I wont bother
Ya mean that was all for a phone you're returning!!!!?

j/k Bro, nuttin' wrong with practice. Dont know what the deal could be. Those threads make it super easy IMO, so maybe the phone is jacked (obviously something's wrong with it since you were returning it before all these shenanigans)
When you get back with your replacement be sure to hit the link in FastRX8's sig, he will hold your hand through the process
Old 06-10-2010, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wooten409 is a n00b

Quote:

Ok, Ok calm down Mr Speilberg
Thanks Bro.

Ya mean that was all for a phone you're returning!!!!?

j/k Bro, nuttin' wrong with practice. Dont know what the deal could be. Those threads make it super easy IMO, so maybe the phone is jacked (obviously something's wrong with it since you were returning it before all these shenanigans)
When you get back with your replacement be sure to hit the link in FastRX8's sig, he will hold your hand through the process
yeah i actually used that method at to root my phone. idk why it wasnt unrooting but i did see some ppl describe the same exact problems. oh well. got a new one now so no worries.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:37 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Need a tester?

I'm uploading now...I'm really diggin this one....it includes the ROM Manager & also a modified version of the "reboot" file, which after flashing the ClockworkMod Recovery, the "reboot into recovery" goes straight to full recovery!!! Also, after copying a new rom to your sd card, you can use the "Install ROM from SD Card" option & it will boot into recovery, wipe, flash & reboot all automatically
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:02 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ EVO 2.1 Eclair v1.3

DOWNLOAD

-updated SuperUser 2.1
-updated latest Wifi Tether 2.0.2

-added ROM Manager
-added Palringo
-added Ad Blocker
-added NetFlix

-removed Fring
-removed ConnectBot

*NOTE* for Auto-Recovery, use ROM Manager & Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Once done, you can use the "Reboot into Recovery" option for full recovery w/ no pc. You can also flash new ROMs from within ROM Manager. For detailed instructions, see FastRX8's tutorial, but you will only need to follow steps 2-4.

Enjoy!
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development