PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 12:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

hockeyman12c is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/10/10*

Here I thought getting Android I wouldn't be flashing all the time, here we go.

OMJ - You had the best roms on the Diamond and I'm sure you rocking it again!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Kmagn13 is becoming a great contributor

With ROM MANAGER will we be getting updates with it? (your rom included in ROM MANAGER)

DONT FORGET TO HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
Old 06-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: sprint

stormblower is a n00b

well i dled the sync for htc and installed but when i try to sync it doesnt find anything. i have tons of contacts on my phone. what do i do?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II on SERO

ejoshkim is just getting started

OK. I am a total Android Noob. Got my Evo today and am happy to replace my TP2. I rooted the phone as per XDA. I downloaded OMJ's latest Rom (1.3). I am now stuck. How do I flash the rooted phone with OMJ's rom????

Show me the way please!

What I want in my next TP3:
-At least 25% thinner, 1.5GHz Snapdragon, 4" -720p Cap. Screen (nothing bigger), 2GB of ROM, 1GB of RAM, Flash!, Better Camera, Even better keyboard (is that even possible?)
Old 06-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormblower View Post
well i dled the sync for htc and installed but when i try to sync it doesnt find anything. i have tons of contacts on my phone. what do i do?
Stormblower you are confusing me and probably alot of others reading your posts. Do you or dont you have an EVO? Your profile says htc pro. If you have an evo you probably have a Gmail account and if so your contacts will sync autmatically with Gmail.

You have or had a touch pro so you should have at the very least a trial of outlook, install that and create a CSV file of your contacts. Then go to your gmail account and import that file into Gmail and your EVO will auto sync the new contacts.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tmm2279 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormblower View Post

When you log into google it saves them automatically. So, if you signed up for google when you did the phone set up, you dont have to do anything else. Just sign back in after you flash a rom. It updates on its own. If you didnt set up google when you first set up the phone; go into setup in the "All Apps" screen and run it there.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejoshkim View Post
OK. I am a total Android Noob. Got my Evo today and am happy to replace my TP2. I rooted the phone as per XDA. I downloaded OMJ's latest Rom (1.3). I am now stuck. How do I flash the rooted phone with OMJ's rom????

Show me the way please!
Step-by-step, complete with video.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714
Old 06-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejoshkim View Post

Show me the way please!
Go here and scroll down to flashing Rom or radio

Look up one post...he beat me.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

For everyone that's using this rom, what's the best program for backing up your contacts and settings and everything? I thought Titanium backup would, but it didn't backup my contacts. I used Sprite Backup but when I went to restore it, the program said it was successful, but I didn't have any contacts. The reason I ask is because it is a pain in the ass to group all of my contacts into Favorite, Co-Workers, Family, VIP, etc.

I used Titanium backup and I just selected backup all apps and system data. I thought that would do it. I would try using HTC Sync, but does anyone know how to make it work right? It says I'm connected even when I'm not. When I plug it in, my phone can never find sync on the pc. What am I doing wrong?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II on SERO

ejoshkim is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Step-by-step, complete with video.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714
Thank you. I was expecting a full on flame but good to know that the Android community has understanding people.

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development