PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Something
Carrier: Sprint

seebeexee is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/10/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
For everyone that's using this rom, what's the best program for backing up your contacts and settings and everything? I thought Titanium backup would, but it didn't backup my contacts. I used Sprite Backup but when I went to restore it, the program said it was successful, but I didn't have any contacts. The reason I ask is because it is a pain in the ass to group all of my contacts into Favorite, Co-Workers, Family, VIP, etc.

I used Titanium backup and I just selected backup all apps and system data. I thought that would do it. I would try using HTC Sync, but does anyone know how to make it work right? It says I'm connected even when I'm not. When I plug it in, my phone can never find sync on the pc. What am I doing wrong?
Personally, I just use HTC Sync with Outlook 2007 for contacts and calendars, and Titanium Backup for the rest and it has worked well for me.

HTC Sync is somewhat temperamental though. It works for me 100% of the time when I connect to a USB port on the motherboard (or on my computer case via USB headers on the motherboard), but it only works about 50% of the time through a USB hub. Anyway, that's what my experience has been.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Go here and scroll down to flashing Rom or radio

Look up one post...he beat me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
For everyone that's using this rom, what's the best program for backing up your contacts and settings and everything? I thought Titanium backup would, but it didn't backup my contacts. I used Sprite Backup but when I went to restore it, the program said it was successful, but I didn't have any contacts. The reason I ask is because it is a pain in the ass to group all of my contacts into Favorite, Co-Workers, Family, VIP, etc.

I used Titanium backup and I just selected backup all apps and system data. I thought that would do it. I would try using HTC Sync, but does anyone know how to make it work right? It says I'm connected even when I'm not. When I plug it in, my phone can never find sync on the pc. What am I doing wrong?
IMO, gmail IS the way to go. Do you HAVE to group all your contacts? I dont, except for Favs. It is so simple.
Just went to my second 'droid ROM with OMJ 1.3 and used Titanium for the first time, it rocked for programs, non-google email, bookmarks and data.
I use gmail for contacts obviously. Even if it takes a little set up the first time it'll be a cakewalk from there on out.
Hope that helps.
EDIT
Like seebee said HTC sync is iffy. I'm on Win7 and I got it to go once but that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejoshkim View Post
Thank you. I was expecting a full on flame but good to know that the Android community has understanding people.

Thanks!
Nah Bro, we're all friends here! You're welcome. Just got to this part of town a week ago myself and have been gettin schooled with open arms. This community is da bom!

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-11-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work

Guys how do u save the contacts with gmail?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:30 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
Guys how do u save the contacts with gmail?
Just put the contact in People. If you are linked with a gmail account it'll sync automatically if that option is checked under Settings>Accounts & Sync. Not exactly sure what the time frame for the Auto setting is. There is a manual sync there too.
I use the Power Control widget so I'm NOT syncing all day. The over the air sync,bluetooth, gps, and wifi can all be turned on/off with that widget.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Just put the contact in People. If you are linked with a gmail account it'll sync automatically if that option is checked under Settings>Accounts & Sync. Not exactly sure what the time frame for the Auto setting is. There is a manual sync there too.
I use the Power Control widget so I'm NOT syncing all day. The over the air sync,bluetooth, gps, and wifi can all be turned on/off with that widget.

okay thank you another thing .. after installing this rom i been having problems with the sdcard like sum pics i cant see them n it freezes and the music player crashes. Have u had this issues?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:48 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
okay thank you another thing .. after installing this rom i been having problems with the sdcard like sum pics i cant see them n it freezes and the music player crashes. Have u had this issues?
You're on 1.3?
Been playing with it for the last few hours as I'm trying to drain my new battery so I can cycle it and everything seems rock solid. The album/pic/videos are fine. Running the music player right now without issue. It's playing with the screen off and the Lockscreen player (didnt know we could do THAT ) is working perfectly too.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: sprint

stormblower is a n00b

blockhead428, Dude I'm new but after reading what everyone just told me all you have to do is have a gmail acct. google that is and all your contacts are saved there in order of where u put them co-workers, family and favorites. hope this helps you like it did me.
Oh and I am a evo user now just havent updated my profile sorry.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work

After flash, my phone can't read sd card anymore . It said "Removed SD card"
Old 06-11-2010, 02:16 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronusX View Post
After flash, my phone can't read sd card anymore . It said "Removed SD card"
Did you do the double wipes prior to flash? Wipe cache/factory reset 2x and then dalvic cache 2X. I dunno much on the troubleshooting end yet but I've read that without proper wipe/clean the ROM may not install correctly...just a thought.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work

Yes I did that. now I don't know how to flash back to orignal rom I couldn't recogize from computer

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development