seebeexee
N00b

seebeexee is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/10/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
For everyone that's using this rom, what's the best program for backing up your contacts and settings and everything? I thought Titanium backup would, but it didn't backup my contacts. I used Sprite Backup but when I went to restore it, the program said it was successful, but I didn't have any contacts. The reason I ask is because it is a pain in the ass to group all of my contacts into Favorite, Co-Workers, Family, VIP, etc.

I used Titanium backup and I just selected backup all apps and system data. I thought that would do it. I would try using HTC Sync, but does anyone know how to make it work right? It says I'm connected even when I'm not. When I plug it in, my phone can never find sync on the pc. What am I doing wrong?
Personally, I just use HTC Sync with Outlook 2007 for contacts and calendars, and Titanium Backup for the rest and it has worked well for me.

HTC Sync is somewhat temperamental though. It works for me 100% of the time when I connect to a USB port on the motherboard (or on my computer case via USB headers on the motherboard), but it only works about 50% of the time through a USB hub. Anyway, that's what my experience has been.