View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/10/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Go here and scroll down to flashing Rom or radio

Look up one post...he beat me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
For everyone that's using this rom, what's the best program for backing up your contacts and settings and everything? I thought Titanium backup would, but it didn't backup my contacts. I used Sprite Backup but when I went to restore it, the program said it was successful, but I didn't have any contacts. The reason I ask is because it is a pain in the ass to group all of my contacts into Favorite, Co-Workers, Family, VIP, etc.

I used Titanium backup and I just selected backup all apps and system data. I thought that would do it. I would try using HTC Sync, but does anyone know how to make it work right? It says I'm connected even when I'm not. When I plug it in, my phone can never find sync on the pc. What am I doing wrong?
IMO, gmail IS the way to go. Do you HAVE to group all your contacts? I dont, except for Favs. It is so simple.
Just went to my second 'droid ROM with OMJ 1.3 and used Titanium for the first time, it rocked for programs, non-google email, bookmarks and data.
I use gmail for contacts obviously. Even if it takes a little set up the first time it'll be a cakewalk from there on out.
Hope that helps.
EDIT
Like seebee said HTC sync is iffy. I'm on Win7 and I got it to go once but that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejoshkim View Post
Thank you. I was expecting a full on flame but good to know that the Android community has understanding people.

Thanks!
Nah Bro, we're all friends here! You're welcome. Just got to this part of town a week ago myself and have been gettin schooled with open arms. This community is da bom!

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-11-2010 at 01:12 AM.