PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation [Guide] downgrade from OTA 1.32.651.6

Taken from XDA all credit goes to OP

This is only confirmed to work with 1.32.651.6.
Refer to toast's reply below to understand why it might not work with other versions.

1. I installed the latest RUU 1.32.651.6 found here:
here

2. And I was able to downgrade back to the original one found here:
here

3. Then did toast's root tutorial and got to the recovery and everything:
here

4. And am back to the rooted 1.32.651.1 with the ability to get to recovery and flash roms:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=693980

On step 2, the RUU was not able to reboot my device into the bootloader. So I booted into the bootloader myself (hold vol down + power on) then plug in the usb, select fastboot and then start the RUU from the PC. It installed like a champ and brought me back to 1.32.651.1.

Hope this helps everyone who decided to upgrade.

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [Guide] downgrade from OTA 1.32.651.6

This EVO forum is moving so fast, I'm pretty sure this thread got missed.
You need to add this to your Tips/Tricks thread.

Most people may not realize it now, but those that did the "unrevoked" method of rooting instead of the equally as easy but correct "toastcfh" method will have issues when they try to flash custom radios.

Also, anyone who did the update will need this so they can root/flash custom roms correctly.

There's already a new radio and many people are reporting it works better for them. However, if you rooted through the unrevoked method, you'll never know.

BTW - I decided to use the Unrevoked and do the OTA on my wife's phone just to see what would happen. I couldn't get stuff to work correctly. Used your info and made it work.

And, just to clarify for anyone who needs to run this, here's how I did it -

1. I installed the latest called
RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.6_Radio_1.39.00.05.31_rele ase_171253_signed.exe

2. Disconnect phone and reboot pc. This wasn't listed in the original directions, but this method allowed the next step to work without having to manually go into bootloader.

3. I installed the original signed one called
RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26_rele ase_171253.exe

4. Then I did toastcfh root method (following my tutorial of course) and got everything back.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

munsterrr is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to munsterrr

after getting all the correct ADB drivers installed using HTC Sense when i go to use the first RUU it just hangs at "verifying info on android phone. please wait."

here is the link below with my driver issues
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124487
Old 06-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

prjkthack is a n00b

Totally having odd issues. I can install the first ROM just fine, but when I attempt to flash the second ROM to downgrade, my whole PC freezes in the middle of flash I need to reboot. I turn off the computer, and unplug the USB cord from the phone, and then the phone displays a white screen and it looks like its continuing the installation.

It completes, and I can restart the phone and it'll boot just fine (as if i am booting for the first time). I checked the software version once boot is complete, and it says .1. But I don't want to continue or do anything more unless I can be sure that .1 installed just fine.

Anyone else experience this or have any ideas?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
Taken from XDA all credit goes to OP

This is only confirmed to work with 1.32.651.6.
Refer to toast's reply below to understand why it might not work with other versions.

1. I installed the latest RUU 1.32.651.6 found here:
here

2. And I was able to downgrade back to the original one found here:
here

3. Then did toast's root tutorial and got to the recovery and everything:
here

4. And am back to the rooted 1.32.651.1 with the ability to get to recovery and flash roms:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=693980

On step 2, the RUU was not able to reboot my device into the bootloader. So I booted into the bootloader myself (hold vol down + power on) then plug in the usb, select fastboot and then start the RUU from the PC. It installed like a champ and brought me back to 1.32.651.1.

Hope this helps everyone who decided to upgrade.
ok guys such a noob question so i just got my phone today and it did the ota update already on it...well i want to root this and my phone does say i have this 1.32.651.6 so do i need to still do step one and if so do i just connect my phone to the pc and sync to it and then install the ruu
Old 06-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
ok guys such a noob question so i just got my phone today and it did the ota update already on it...well i want to root this and my phone does say i have this 1.32.651.6 so do i need to still do step one and if so do i just connect my phone to the pc and sync to it and then install the ruu
I am in the same boat as you, I am just now starting the downgrade process, but I think the name of the thread answers your question.

"downgrade from OTA 1.32.651.6"

Old 06-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
I am in the same boat as you, I am just now starting the downgrade process, but I think the name of the thread answers your question.

So just to clarify...if Radioshack updated my phone before they gave it to me, and my Software number is: 1.32.651.6, I still need to go through all the steps...?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post

ok well did you do the first step as well...and do i just run the ruu and have my phone connectged to the pc and it should auto flash it self i never done this on android so i dont know whats going to happen and i cant affor to brick it lmao
Old 06-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovatScout View Post
So just to clarify...if Radioshack updated my phone before they gave it to me, and my Software number is: 1.32.651.6, I still need to go through all the steps...?
I just did the first step, and to be honest it was about 5 minutes of time to do so. I did the OTA, so I just followed all the steps. If there is a reason not to, I don't know what it is. Nothing bad can come from it.

Make sure youve downloaded the HTC sync so your phone is connected to your computer with the correct drivers, then run the ruu...it is similar to WM. Not too painful of a process.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

From something I read somewhere they say that you dont have to downgrade to root the phone with the toast method. I am not positive about that though.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G