PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution
Carrier: Sprint

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/3/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
flashed the rom with custom kernal. Everything is working great except I cant get wireless tether to work. I start it on the phone, get the superusers permission popup but on the computer it shows no signal and if I connect it creates an ad hoc network. any ideas?
nop you right, i was tested that one no problems founded
Old 08-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
Omg im so confused whats up with the new kernel or the old one??

What does this do??

Help please

Im sorry but im kinda new to android
you cand run nand back up before flash custom kernel then flash it, if you dont like how is running just restore your back up, you will back to the original way
Old 08-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
you cand run nand back up before flash custom kernel then flash it, if you dont like how is running just rmestore your back up, you will back to the original way
Okay thanks
Old 08-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
flashed the rom with custom kernal. Everything is working great except I cant get wireless tether to work. I start it on the phone, get the superusers permission popup but on the computer it shows no signal and if I connect it creates an ad hoc network. any ideas?
anyone?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
anyone?
I got this one to work with the new kernal.

http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...4.apk&can=2&q=

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.0 | FroYo | *Updated | 7/31/10*

****BUMP*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
OK, this thing hauls azz. IMO it's noticeably quicker and screen responses are more crisp.
Wireless tether (yes, tried the new version) did not work without netarchy's kernel.
Now all your shutter bugs that are fretting over the 3MP, check this. I took a pic at 8MP (dimensions 1952X3264), flashed the kernel and took another pic and got the same dimension despite it saying 3MP (which *should* have taken 2048X1216). While I know a wee bit about photography I am not going to call that a definitive test but maybe the resolution stays at 8MP despite the Settings Menu says 3MP (just to be safe I wouldn't touch any of the resolution settings) Here are my two pics.
Attachment 75281Attachment 75282

53 fps
40.09 mflops (she's smmmmOKIN'!!!)

And for those that dont want to wait for OMJ and are familiar with adb, check this xda post from Optikmike about removing apks. Not new info.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=743352&page=3
This is not just my theory, it has been discussed on xda as well. I'm confident if you dont touch the settings you will still take 8MP pics.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

So I have titanium backup does anyone know which of these I should restore? Should I just try all apps with data?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post

Thanks bro, ill try it out.
edit: still no signal on the computer. Weird because it shows android tether in my wireless networks but it shows no signal. Android Tether is even there when i turn wifi tether off.

Edit 2: disregard that. I had the phone connected via usb with debug mode on and apparently that combination doesnt allow for wifi tethering. works great. Thanks

Last edited by Mazzakre; 08-03-2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: disregard first edit
Old 08-03-2010, 01:20 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive View Post
OMJ

Had unofficial with updated radio and wimax and flashed your official w/mod kernel ROM...didn't reflash radio or wimax since they appeared to be the same. Is there any reason to reflash them?

For info...using SetCPU 2.02 to conserve battery and seems to work fine.

Jim
no...the radios are the same

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks bro, ill try it out.
edit: still no signal on the computer. Weird because it shows android tether in my wireless networks but it shows no signal. Android Tether is even there when i turn wifi tether off.

Edit 2: disregard that. I had the phone connected via usb with debug mode on and apparently that combination doesnt allow for wifi tethering. works great. Thanks
try rebooting both phone & PC....I know wifi tether works

Quote:
Can somebody please tell me if i can flash the new rom without any problems??
yes u can ]

Quote:
I saw the problem on the stock kernal but im using the custom kernal. From what I read the stock kernal doesnt allow for wireless tether so if you want to tether you have to get the other rom. Someone correct me if Im wrong.
u r correct, stock kernel does not allow wifi tethering

Quote:
Do i flash this one or the one in the first page??
they are both the same link....doesnt matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
OMJ, first of all THANKS AGAIN for all that you do!! One quick question though....if we flash the rom with the new kernel, is there a way to get the stock kernel back?
yes, the stock kernel can be flashed, I'll put a link on the 1st page

Quote:
Omg im so confused whats up with the new kernel or the old one??

What does this do??

Help please

Im sorry but im kinda new to android
dude, yer killin me.....take a breathe....it's real easy, u want to tether via wifi? then flash the rom w/ the custom kernel....the custom kernel will run better....period.

want to read more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post

looks like there is a pre6 too...

http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...6.apk&can=2&q=

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
****BUMP*****

This is not just my theory, it has been discussed on xda as well. I'm confident if you dont touch the settings you will still take 8MP pics.
I agree
Old 08-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My test results....

I flashed OMJs newest with the stock kernal changed my camera settings to 8MP, then flashed netarchys newest kernal and I now again have 8MP camera back, not capped at 3 anymore. (even though the settings say 3)

So before flashing Netarchys kernal make sure your camera settings are at 8MP, because default is 3MP.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development