PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Alright, so Ive been away from these forums for months, so excuse me if this has been answered before. But, what's up with the GPS? If using Google Nav it takes a long time to lock in on my location. And if I use Foursquare theres times where it puts me way off from where I am and sometimes wont refresh. Any clues?

foursquare has really been pissing me off lately, either the servers aren't answering or i have to refresh like 10 times before it sees where i actually am, regardless of if gps has been on or i just turned it on

other than that my gps seems to be working ok
Old 02-13-2011, 06:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

At first I wrote it off as a 4sq issue, but as I said even Google Nav takes forever to lock onto where I am.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Look up a few posts where I talked about what was going on over in Mik's thread. Are you playing music over the speaker when your GPS acts crazy? This is the only issue I'm familiar with.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work

Not sure what's going on here, but I've been on 4.5 since January. The past few days, it's rebooted on me all by itself when I was using Google Navigation. I cleared the cache and it seemed fine after that. Today, it's resetting itself almost constantly, even after a reboot. I've reflashed 4.5, but it's still doing the same.

I'm stuck... but flashing 4.4 since I still had it on my card. Does anyone have a suggestion as what to try next? I tried downloading the original Sprint ROMs, but they stop after only a few MB.

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBecker View Post
Not sure what's going on here, but I've been on 4.5 since January. The past few days, it's rebooted on me all by itself when I was using Google Navigation. I cleared the cache and it seemed fine after that. Today, it's resetting itself almost constantly, even after a reboot. I've reflashed 4.5, but it's still doing the same.

I'm stuck... but flashing 4.4 since I still had it on my card. Does anyone have a suggestion as what to try next? I tried downloading the original Sprint ROMs, but they stop after only a few MB.
it's not the Rom. This is a known issue with the EVO. I recommend searching the forum and reading up on this issue. search keywords: random reboots, power cycling.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBecker View Post

My friend is having issues also. It's rebooting randomly several times and of course the third party repair center won't do anything about it. So she is getting sprint to send her a replacement. All I know is that I hate third party repair centers. Out of 10 visits 9 are horrible and things dont get resolved. I recommend you exchange it. Your going to continue having random reboot problems.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 02-13-2011, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work

Yeah it's not looking good. Even tried to install the RUU version and it won't switch to bootloader mode. I've watched this thing reboot even after a full 4.5 reinstall while I'm setting up the google account. Sometimes it will stay up long enough for me to start the TI backup, but it reboots before it's done.

I'm trying again for the 30th time tonight and hope it stays up.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am using the latest ROM and never had any issues with GPS / Google Maps. This thing is so accurate it's scary, within a few feet. When I hit the map and zoom in, it knows which part of the house I am in and it freaks me out how accurate it is.

Houston has amazing 4G coverage, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

omj, i dont know anything about cooking or the kitchens, but, for instance, is it possible to use a different bluetooth stack than the htc one or would that break sense?

the guy that's coding that blueputdroid program i was testing, says from what he understands there's something in the stock htc stack that limits what it can do.
i'd rather not flash cyanogenmod or anything like that to try it if its possible to just switch stacks
Old 02-14-2011, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

CYNICALifornia is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Houston has amazing 4G coverage, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
I used to live out there. Though, there was no 4G coverage in Fith Ward, Gunspoint, or Aldine in that time . . .

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development