View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 10:54 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii Tom View Post
No, Titanium is much simpler. No need to do all that. It's possible that app deletion is only possible with the donate version, which I got. I figured Joel had put his heart into it and I used it all the time, so it was worth a few Swiss Francs.
You didnt quote anyone so I assume you are referencing the convo with jryanvt and myself?

"No need to do all that"...all what? Download a file or two?
I never said he HAD to do it. I was just being informational

Some users like myself like learning and doing things "manually", hence the adb reference. adb is a tool for much more than removing apps. The SDK is MUCH MUCH more than a tool for removing apps. I was merely suggesting it.
If he wants to have it done for him then he can follow my suggestion for Root Explorer or yours for Titanium.

I've only been using TiBackup for the backup and restore feature but like you I am using the paid version. You've been thanked for pointing out the app removal feature it has which works great.
I assume TiBackup makes system writable for you since, afaik, that's the only way to make changes to any files that reside in /system.

btw-TiBackup doesnt appear to have an feature for ADDING files, especially to system/app. Some apps/files need to go there.
For that you are still going to need some type of file manager, adb, etc unless I'm missing something.