View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Karl
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
the apps I add go into the data partition, but I am considering moving them into the system partition....I'm not sure which would be better.

I figured u might know as you were wanting app2sd to badly.....like I said I dont know much about it....a few months ago I partitioned my sd card when trying to get app2sd working on Eclair, so you think the apps automatically moved to sd? cuz I didn't do anything to move them. That's what makes this so strange, I flash a stock ROM & the apps still appear.

if a rom has app2sd it looks for the ext partition on a sd if it sees it then it activates so now any app you install will go to the ext which basically if spoof internal memory

the rom your using has to have app2sd in it if your seeing your apps still cuz only app2sd utilizes the ext partition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
well it turns out my added apps are indeed on the sd card. I flashed the stock 3.28 ROM, added apps were there, pulled my sd card, apps gone. wiped sd ext partition from recovery, apps still there, so I guess I need to use the app2sd to wipe.

I also discovered the stock ROM is not truly stock.....this is the 3.28 stock from Flipz but when I decompiled in the kitchen it says it has app2sd included, which explain why I am seeing these apps when they are on the sd card. It does not explain though how they got there in the 1st place, lol.

what recovery you using ?
ive found the app2sd was built to work with Ra recovery if you using clock you might not be getting a good wipe of the ext partition.

the best way to see if you getting a good wipe is to use root explorer and look at the app and priv app folder and see if its empty

and as to why they are show up on your sd card is long as app2sd is working it will push any installs to the sd card

Hope all the grief your getting from app2sd won't keep you from including it in future rom builds

Sent From BadAss Evo Using TapaTalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 09-19-2010 at 05:47 PM.