View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 09:16 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.0 | FroYo 3.30.651.3 | *Updated 11/17/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
new to root so 4.0 is my second ROM on my EVO. I noticed Titanium Backup did not restore my personal settings. Is it supposed to or should I find something else for that? I'm referring to my ringtones, bookmarks, handcent settings, ect...
I use Tibackup for every flash (and that's a lot).
It depends on how you backed up and how you are trying to restore.
First I would ensure you have an updated busybox, Click Problems? on the main screen of Tibackup and dl a version of busybox. It may already be in the ROM but I'd do it anyway to be safe.
Tibackup has a ton of settings and will backup all your apps. Personally I've never looked for the ringtone backup-it may/may not be in there.
It does do bookmarks, emails, contacts, etc.
I dont use handcent but like I said, it will backup all your apps so it should back that up too.

Under Menu hit Batch and this will give you options for mass backup and restore.
As a backup I run Backup all System Data and Apps just to cover my bases. I almost never restore System Data so as to not bring something "old" into the new ROM.
When I restore I run the batch for Apps

Another option may be to look through the wiki here
HomePage : Titanium Backup - Wiki

I'd suggest getting the paid version-it's pricey as far as apps go $6-$7, but well worth it IMO. It will make restoring much quicker.

Mybackup is another popular backup app.
Hope that helps and welcome to the party!!